Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Nerve pain..what the best way to shut it down.. in the Main forums forums; ...while waiting for surgery. I found the nortryptyline worked well enough I could sleep. Before my surgery every night was ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2007, 04:28 PM

Default Nerve pain..what the best way to shut it down..

...while waiting for surgery.

I found the nortryptyline worked well enough I could sleep. Before my surgery every night was a fight with the nerve pain, The tyn 3 is good for muscle, sore pain. pain..but I find it useless when the nerve ending start firing..nortryptyline worked well to shut it down enough to sleep.

Now that I have had surgery I like the option of switching the pain med on and off...use it when i need it..so perc works in 30 minutes so its more practical in this my case (i only use it when I wake up at night with the nerve ending are firing like crazy..tyn 3 does nothing..if its just a sore back than I would use the tyn 3 or something with maybe less punch) Nortryptyline is something that long term..correct?

Anyone else agree with this or does tyn 3 work for nerve pain for you?

Anyway I sure hope the hips and the legs get normal..I would love to go for a run...

two prodisc one at s1-l5 and l4 and l5.