Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Metal Allergy and ADR ? in the Main forums forums; Hello everyone Hope all is doing well/better with their conditions. I am always keeping you in my thoughts I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Metal Allergy and ADR ?

Hello everyone

Hope all is doing well/better with their conditions. I am always keeping you in my thoughts

I had a question that came in my mind about ADR. I see on several websites that during clinical trials for cervical/lumbar adr they have excluded patients with metal allergy. What does that exactly mean? I might be a candidate for 2level cervical adr sometime in the future and I do know that my skin gives reaction to anything other than gold. Like jewellery for example. I can't wear fake bracelets or necklaces etc..My skin gets a rash immediately. I was wondering if this is related to that kind of metal allergy. I am so sorry for my ignorance in this subject as I have just been diagnosed and have been doing research very recently. I know that they use very high quality metal in artificial discs but I was just wondering if they test for allergies before implanting them. And what would be the test like? I hope this hasn't been a silly question but I am trying to educate myself as much as possible.

Thank you very much again

Best regards to all

Sonata

c5-c6-c7 prolapsed discs
and some bone spurs
left arm slight pins and needles