Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss My c-spine acting up again... (discography results) in the Main forums forums; Here is a tip, boys and girls.... with a 10 month-old around the house, you cannot walk around in ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Default My c-spine acting up again... (discography results)

Here is a tip, boys and girls.... with a 10 month-old around the house, you cannot walk around in the dark. Last Thursday, I tripped over some baby stuff and had a great fall. Good thing I didn't drop the laptop... but I did break the cable-end for the AC adapter. Got some good bruises, but I thought that I was just OK. Just a few hours later, I was beginning the 20 hour travel ordeal, LAX to Munich. The flight to Atlanta was OK, but by the time we boarded for the ATL-MUC flight, I started to notice that all of my c-spine symptoms were flared... not too bad yet... but definitely there.

In all the trips I've taken with clients for their surgery (now more than 20), this is the first one where I've had a worse time flying than my client. Interscapular pain constant with great increase if I turn head in either direction or put my chin to my chest. Extension is OK. Hand numbness was worse, but that has gotten better. Neck/upper back pain is a little better, now 4 days later, but it's still way significant compared to before.

Those who have followed me on the forums for years know that I've been talking about getting discography on my neck for the last 2 years. I've always been too busy and my pathology puts me into the 'quality of life' decision category instead of needing to do surgery because of more significant symptoms or fear of permanent damage. This has me motivated... I'm always an accident waiting to happen. I know this isn't getting better on it's own. I should have time on this trip to do the disco... if the results are conclusive... I may be good to go. The problem is that I have 2 obvious bad levels, plus a third level that may be causing some unusual symptoms that are difficult to correlate. We'll see what the disco shows... hopefully Friday or Saturday... I'll know more.

All the best.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org

Last edited by mmglobal; 02-13-2008 at 09:46 PM.