Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Off Lyrica, Ouch! in the Main forums forums; Well I've been off of Lyrica for a few months now and my pain level has continued to increase. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2008, 05:13 PM

Default Off Lyrica, Ouch!

Well I've been off of Lyrica for a few months now and my pain level has continued to increase. I had no pain to speak of while taking 300mg of Lyrica daily and noticed a slight pain increase when dropping to 150mg but very tolerable. Now that I've been off for more than 3 months and this drug has cleared out of my system, my pain level has increased to a non-comfortable level.

My activity level has lessoned but my mind is clear and fully functioning (sometimes a scary proposition). My interests have returned and I feel like my old self but am in more pain than I'd like. My pm has given me a Lidacaine patch, Tramadol and when needed, Norco. I take Celebrex daily and a muscle relaxer when indicated. Still, I'm hurting.

My dilemma; I so enjoy being able to depend on my mind and do not want to get back on Lyrica. I feel in control again, something I didn't even know was missing. I so don't like being in this much pain, sometimes localized in my back but more often radiating down. Most times my left leg feels like a lead weight.

I realize no one can help me made this decision and I'm leaning toward living with the pain and an even more limited lifestyle... but if anyone's had any success with other meds that don't interfere with thought processes, please let me know.

Thanks, Dale