Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Cervical 2-level adr 4 weeks post surgery question in the Main forums forums; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello everyone, 4 weeks ago I flew into Texas and underwent a 2 level (C5-6, C6-7) cervical Mobi-...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2008, 09:17 PM

Default Cervical 2-level adr 4 weeks post surgery question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone,

4 weeks ago I flew into Texas and underwent a 2 level (C5-6, C6-7) cervical Mobi-C clinical study at the Texas Back Institute with Dr. Zigler. (What a wonderful experience it has been dealing with both him and his staff). My surgery was on March 13th and I flew home on the 17th.

My question is this. I was told to start weaning off the soft collar at the 4 weeks which is now and I am feeling tightness at my c-spine at the adr levels. I know that there is no more post surgery swelling which I attributed the tightness to before now. The only way to describe the feeling is as if the adr's pushed the vertebrae forward and there is a protrusion in my throat. It feels quite uncomfortable. When I extend my neck backwards it almost feels like a pinch in the same location - only from the back in stead of the front.

I called his office and they said it was probably from swelling but I know there is not enough residual swelling to cause these sensations.
Has anyone else had this experience with the cervical adr's at any level?

Also, I was wondering how long was it post cervical adr before any arm or scapula pain you were experiencing prior to the surgery went away.
It has been 4 weeks post my surgery and my arm and scapula pain have increased as well.

I know it takes time for nerves to heal, but I was wondering if anyone else out there has had a similar experience to mine and how long the healing process takes.

Thank you so much for your responses and have a wonderful rest of the week!

Lyndies