Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Blue fingers in the Main forums forums; Now the weather is getting colder, my symptoms are playing up again and yesterday evening, I was chatting with the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2008, 10:54 PM

Default Blue fingers

Now the weather is getting colder, my symptoms are playing up again and yesterday evening, I was chatting with the neighbour out in the cold. When we came inside, I noticed my hand was a different colour and temp, (which is usual for this hand in the cold), but this time, the first two fingers were actually BLUE. Dave saw it too. When we got back inside it had returned to normal.

I've been checked for Raynaulds phenomenon, Thoracis outlet, I was checked just last week for Carpel Tunnel and everything keeps coming back normal.

I find it interesting that the two fingers that turn blue are the same two that used to be numb and tingly when my neck first herniated. They follow the C6/7 dermatome !!

Any suggestions?

Hucky
C6/7, MRI shows large right paracentral disc protrusion with extension centrally. Mild compression of cervical cord and obscuring the neural foramen and exiting nerve root. No uncinate process hypertrophy no facet joint degeneration. no left neural foramina narrowing.
1200mg of Neurontin.

In the last 3 years have seen 1 gen surg, 2 neurosurg and 1 ortho surg. All rec fusion, only 1 recommends ADR or fusion.

Have been off Neurontin since Nov 2006