Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Cervical limitations in the Main forums forums; I've been having difficulty now with my neck as well as my low back for a few years and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 12:14 PM

Default Cervical limitations

I've been having difficulty now with my neck as well as my low back for a few years and following it with MRI's where the OSS says it's all normal for my age but yesterday when I got my hair highlighted (I'm lucky I could sit thru this) when washing out the color I couldn't lift my head out of the sink and the hairdresser had to lift it for me!

This is not the first time I've had difficulty with this as the cervical extension seems to be so exaggerated with these sinks at beauty salons and last time I had to put my hand behind my neck because I could hardly tolerate this position...

I know my OSS won't give a good toot about this complaint tho I'm sure there are plenty of women here (if you get your hair colored professionaly) that might have this complaint.

Fortunately for me, the transforminal ESI I got nearly 2 months ago has allowed me to sit thru 2 hair sessions of 2 hours plus...
Old 06-17-2008, 02:09 PM

Maria:
I am sorry you are experiencing this difficulty with the salon sink--it is a difficulty I know well. Fortunately, it is no longer an issue for me since my ADR surgery. But prior to surgery, my hair stylist purchased a special cushioning device for the head piece of the sink and that helped although it did create some problems thoroughly rinsing.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Administrator

I thought those ladies carrying pillows looked a bit too old for lamaze classes.

Sorry about your neck Maria. Sadly, it seems that most of us with lumbar problems will also have cervical problems too.

Mark

PS... I'll stay away from those sinks!
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 06-17-2008, 11:15 PM

So sorry Maria about the cervical stuff and the the getting stuck in the bowl. I can relate so well. Lucky for me I am a firey redhead and no coloring needed. I do have to pass on the shampoo now a days when I go for a cut and style.

So Mark...why is it that people with lumbar problems seem to end up with cervical problems? I am having thoracic, cervical, and the usual lumbar problems. I'm just all tweaked in my spine...oh but then again...maybe it's in my head!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Administrator

Betsy, I think that whatever happened to your lumbar spine happened to all of your spine. Whether it's a genetic predisposition, activities, injuries... whatever it is... it doesn't just impact a disc or two.

Or maybe it's all in our head...

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 06-18-2008, 02:47 AM

Default growing pains

nah, growing old pains..