Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Travel forums > Munich, former AlphaKlinik now ATOS Muenchen
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Munich, former AlphaKlinik now ATOS Muenchen Discuss Munich Hotel, Holiday Inn in the Travel forums forums; I still call this the Queens Hotel. Diane and I stayed there when I had my surgery in 2002. It ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Default Munich Hotel, Holiday Inn

I still call this the Queens Hotel. Diane and I stayed there when I had my surgery in 2002. It has since been bought by Holiday Inn, but they have not lost the character of the Queens Hotel. They still have the same excellent breakfast buffet that is included in your room rate if you get the AlphaKlinik contract rate. The Holiday Inn is slightly less expensive than the Sheraton. The rooms are not as 'upscale', but they are more than adequate.

It's a bit longer of a walk to the AK than it is from the Sheraton, but it's still just about 1/2 mile or so. Diane enjoyed the walk because it took her past a little bakery. She loves the pretzels. They also have a little deli and her favorite way to eat is like a picnic... a little bread... a little wine... a little cheese... a little more wine...

The Holiday Inn is an excellent option if you are going to the AlphaKlinik. Just like the Sheraton... during busy times, the contract rate is not available and the prices go through the roof.

The service we received was wonderful. There is a night clerk named Heiko who really went out of his way to help us. I still stop by to visit him when I'm in Munich, even though I rarely stay at the HI any more. If you stay there... please tell Heiko that I sent you!

If you are going in the summer... please check if your room will have A/C. They have been retrofitting the hotel... I'm not sure if the entire hotel has it yet. Updates anyone?

All the best.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 03-03-2008, 01:51 AM

Default The Queen

On Mark's advice I stayed there in Aug-Sept 2003 shortly after they became a Holiday Inn. I thought is was a very nice and clean hotel. The breakfast buffet was mind blowing. I occasionally daydream about it and get hungry! They also had a smaller bar/restaurant that was excellent. Heiko was on vacation the entire time I was there so I never got to meet him. I did chat frequently with Madeleine. Everyone there was very nice and most spoke good English. I'm glad they didn't lose their charm after Holiday Inn. They had AC when I was there. I would definitely stay there again.

2003 L5S1 Charite
1981 L5S1 Discectomy