Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss L4/5 L5/S1 Mavericks in the Main forums forums; I'm 3 1/2 days post op. I left the nerve pain in the operating room at Stenum. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2009, 01:46 PM

Default L4/5 L5/S1 Mavericks

I'm 3 1/2 days post op. I left the nerve pain in the operating room at Stenum. I only have distraction pain and incision pain. Both are increased by the constipation which is normal for this type of surgery. Either that or my wife is right and I'm full of.....

The staff here is tremendous. They are very helpful, understanding and kind. The malicious stories we've all heard about Stenum are untrue. I'm in a group of 5 Americans all with lumbar issues. My roomate had a single level, two ladies down the hall had a single and a double and the last lady had 2 cervical done last week and this week had a repair of her botched lumbar ADR from a different surgeon (not affiliated with Stenum).

I had the twilight anesthesia. I was just barely under but couldn't feel a thing. One of the spouses ran into Dr. Ritter-Lang at the restaurant/ bar across the street. Apparently he drives here from Berlin after 8-10 hours of surgery there, eats dinner and has a beer or two to unwind before bed. After the surgery he and his assistant came to my bedside in the recovery room. My wife had been trying to get in touch with me as she was vey worried. Someone handed me a phone and he spoke to both of us about how the surgery was successful. Then I went back to sleep.

I'm walking pretty much as far and as much as I want with no great increase in muscular pain. As I said I have the distraction pain so my lower back gets tired (but livable).

There's not much more to say. I've had excellent treatment and care here at Stenum. I'd like to thank all of those that gave me actual facts to research that led me to this hospital. You all know who you are and I'm eternally grateful to you!

Bob
04/07 Recurrent Disc Surgery L5/S1
3 Ortho and 1 Neuro Surgeon, 3 MRIs, 1 EGM, 1 Myleogram & 11 EDIs later:
03/27/09 Maverick ADR at L4/L5 & L5/S1
03/27/09 The Lord and Dr. Ritter-Lang returned my life to me.