Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss I'm done! in the Main forums forums; I honestly have to say I've tried to reach out on this site many times and regarding my last ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 PM

Default I'm done!

I honestly have to say I've tried to reach out on this site many times and regarding my last fusion post, everyone looks but has nothing to say. I spent hours making lists to help people and posted the lists on this site....no one seems to care. I feel it important to say something because I think it's a shame that cliques are so present on a pain site.

Obviously this is only a handful of people I am talking about.

I am not the only person who is having trouble with this issue on this site so if you read this, maybe it's something to think about. Best of luck and hope others won't have to feel this way.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:45 PM

Dr.

Sorry you are not getting the response your looking for. If I remember correctly from reading your post, you have a low back issue from your surgery. Myself I did not comment because I have no experience with low back issues, solutions, etc.. All my problems have been Cervical.

But I do understand frustration when you looking for input and you get none. Pain is difficult to live with and trying and searching for answers is very frustrating.

I was unable to find your recent post about your condition, you may have deleted it. However if you repost I will gladly give you my best opinion or anything I can offer.

Hang in there things will get better.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:18 PM

Default I'm sorry

I don't know if I'm one of the people you're talking about and I hope not tho I've been very absorbed here in parental care as I left CA on Nov19th to spend the holidays with my 88 y.o. father who lives alone in Fla. and shouldn't and on Christmas night he fell in the bathroom as he was having acute stomach pain.

Ends up he has something called a Volvulus or a part of the intestine that flipped on itself and was strangulating so Dec. 27th a.m. he had emergency surgery to fix this and he's been hospitalized ever since.

I've been at the hospital at least 6 hours/day and I'm an old time spiney who after 2 discectomies with last one failing miserably has avoided more recommended surgery so I'm just hanging in there by the skin of my teeth so to speak emotionally and physically much of the time.

So if I've only replied to a few persons it's basically been because I thought I had something to contribute there but maybe nowhere else.

And I've known Mark for awhile now (since around 2000?/followed his pre-op lumbar discs ADR posting at Braintalk back in 1998) so I may follow his posts regularly to see how he's doing tho I think I try to contribute to as many as I feel I can ...

Again I'm sorry you are feeling this way and hope you will reconsider as there are people here that would miss your contributions and I know even if I've not posted a reply I've definately read your posts and have appreciated them.

BTW I have a whole host of my own issues that I'm so involved with so again my apologies if I've been one of the ones that has neglected your posts.. I certainly haven't meant to.

take care ~ Maria

Last edited by Maria; 01-07-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:58 PM

Default Maria

You are always there for everyone and I am so sorry for what you are going through! You are always there for everyone and so is Mark! Both of you are always responding and giving. Again, I am so sorry for what you are through.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:01 PM

I am indeed sorry you aren't getting the feedback you both need and want. Currently recovering from surgery myself and having a boat load of year end work, I promised myself I'd stay away from the forum and other things to spend less time in front of the computer. Everyone has something in their lives that interfere with their best intentions. Often, especially men, people simply don't know how to share or don't know what to say (write). They sympathize or empathize and/or have no personal experience in your specific plight.

We're not a clique. Some of us have stuck around for no other reason than to offer support and ideas to others. We're all just a bunch of people hoping to improve our own lives and perhaps those of others. And more often than not, those whose lives do improve, tend to move on to their new lives and stop visiting these forums altogether. Our numbers are small but we do care.

Take care and I hope you continue to improve but please allow for the time it might take.

Dale
Old 01-07-2010, 07:32 PM

I too can't always come and it was to late your post was deleted. I tend to post when I can actually contribute and hoping in particular those that may have something similar that I have gone through and I can possibly help them because of my experience. Not commenting on every post does not mean I am in any "clique" at all but rather that I can not contribute something useful. I really do hope you reinstate your post so I can see whether I can help you in a meaningful way.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:38 AM

I too offer apologies. I do check in and read posts but only respond if I have something I feel will be helpful. And sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by what people are going through, that I don't know what to say--which is why I haven't even responded to Mark's recent posts. Just know that I do think and care.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:27 PM

Default thanks

dridobits,
I'm glad to read that I haven't offended or neglected you and hopefully what you're going thru will get better re your spine!

I'm really quite amazed at my own spine these days as Dad went into the ER 12/25 around 10p.m and I stayed there till 2a.m. and every day after that I have been at the hospital for at least 6 hours/day.

It hasn't really been my spine that has bothered me but my two feet with PF and posterior tibial tendonitis. They have really been painful thus when I get home I have to lie down!! Not even for my spine really...

So all the waiting I did over these years seems that it has allowed L5S1 to fuse on it's own and allowed me to get by on the pain meds I'm on with some amount of ability to function.

Mind you I didn't lift at the hospital with my father or any of that because that I could feel in low back when I was first trying to help out but I have been so grateful to be able to just "be" for all the time I've needed to!

Anyway, that's my tale of spineystuff right now and I know you must be in pain to be here and seeking answers so I do hope you will continue to post even if you feel you may not be getting replies to exactly what you're posting about. And thank you again for your kind words. They do mean alot to me right now.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:41 AM

Sorry,

Dridobits, been off site for a little while i worked on things and recently started back on.

Runner
Old 01-23-2010, 12:30 AM

Dr., I rarely visit now, apologize for how you feel, and am of rather low IQ and provide dangerous information. (Well, hopefully not so).

You take care. PM me; it'll take just a mere week to get back to you as school/"work" starts on Monday hypothetically.

Best, ans
Old 02-01-2010, 02:21 AM

Default We are sooo not a clique - we are all in this together

Dear Dr.,

I am so sorry you felt this way - perhaps right now - not.? After seeing some of the responses?

Cliques are for the places we work (for many of us our jobs caused us to become spineys - like myself).

I certainly hope that you begin to feel better - or perhaps have other hopeful options to pursue.

I don't get on here often - Just ask Mark - but try to take a "pulse" to see how everyone is doing. I work for an organization that works for a corporation (healthcare) - Of course some of us that work there are trying to please both. Crazy work after spine surgery - even this far out.

Anyways - please don't feel excluded. We all care on here - I guess it is a "presence" I feel though were not in a room meeting in person.

Please take care Dr.

Sending pain free vibes,
Sincerely,
Poncho
Old 02-03-2010, 06:54 PM

Angry maybe it's me?

i did have low back issues, ask away............
i get caught up in everyday life now that my spine surgery is behind me, so i only visit every once in a while, but i am making an effort to come back more often than not, so please don't just go away........................
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds