Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss Paralysis post cervical surgery of left arm in the Main forums forums; My son has had multiple spinal surgeries , In JUly of 2010 he had more cervical fusion and since the surgery ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2010, 07:47 PM

Default Paralysis post cervical surgery of left arm

My son has had multiple spinal surgeries , In JUly of 2010 he had more cervical fusion and since the surgery he has lost use of his left arm. It is as though he has had a stroke. His arm is limp but his hand he can open and close. As well he has swelling in just his hand. He also has lost the ability to walk again. He can move his legs to push the wheelchair, but other than that he is limited . We moved him here from another state as the care at the nursing home was not the best. We have scheduled appointments to see a neurosurgeon and a primary care physician. Until he gets his actually appt., with the neurosurgeon, my husband and I are very very concerned . This was a man that could run circles around anybody. Always a joker . As well he is incredibly talented artistically and now, he is in the wheelchair and his other hand and arm are getting to be like the left arm and hand . Will he get better, or is there nothing that can be done for him?
Can somebody please help me with some answers, I would so appreciate any information

Last edited by sallyD; 10-21-2010 at 07:49 PM.