Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss 9 Years post ADR in the Main forums forums; Hi Folks, I just thought I would tell you its 9 years since my ADR with Dr Zeegers and my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2011, 01:43 PM

Default 9 Years post ADR

Hi Folks,
I just thought I would tell you its 9 years since my ADR with Dr Zeegers and my Charitee at L5/S1 has been no problem at all and still going strong.

I`m coming up to age 75 now and my ADR just gave me a "New Life"

I hope it does for all members here and I wish everyone success with their surgery
Best
Alastair
Old 06-26-2011, 05:58 PM

Good to hear from you and great to hear that you're doing so well. Success stories are so encouraging!

Dale
Old 06-26-2011, 08:33 PM

Default thanks

Hi Alastair,
So glad you popped in again to update us and let us know how well you and your ADR are doing! Wonderful news! I always remember the advice you have given in the past re slow and steady post surgery~ best advice ever!
take good care and thanks again for saying "hi"!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Alastair, thanks for the update. Successes are under-represented on the forums... I really appreciate your taking the time to keep us informed about your success.

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 07-28-2011, 04:49 AM

Default Congrats is right!

we are about a month apart on the 9yrs post op, i too have had an incredible 9 yrs, glad to that you are a success WoooooooooWhoooooooo
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds
Old 07-31-2011, 09:29 PM

Glad to hear it worked out for you guys. You are a couple of that few percent that it does work on. Congrats!
Had a 360 lumbar fusion in May 2008 with cages, screws, hardware. It didn't fuse and one of the screws are loose. Also have a tear at L4 but they say it isn't touching the nerve. Have a bulging disc at T6 which causes middle back pain. I'm not even gonna mess with T6.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Administrator

I know hundreds of patients with ADR. It is a serious procedure and like all spine surgery, comes with substantial chance of failure. However, my experience with ADR compared to fusion is that success tends to mean more success than fusion, and that failure tends to mean less failure.

Yes... I know the horrible stories... I probably know more of them more intimately than anyone else in the world. But... for the most part, the stories are good. The successes far outweigh the failures.

To say that the successes here are the lucky ones 'of the few percent that it works on' is contrary to my experience. I've now handled more than 800 cases, and know many hundreds more cases that I have not worked on. Again, the good far outweighs the bad.

If I had to do it again, I would still do ADR instead of the alternatives.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 08-01-2011, 06:54 AM

In my case I wouldn't have had surgery at all had I known what was to become of me after. Yes mine was a fusion and I completely agree that fusions are terrible! I was told that due to me having spondylolisthesis I couldn't have ADR. Don't know if that is true or not but I was way better before the surgery.
Had a 360 lumbar fusion in May 2008 with cages, screws, hardware. It didn't fuse and one of the screws are loose. Also have a tear at L4 but they say it isn't touching the nerve. Have a bulging disc at T6 which causes middle back pain. I'm not even gonna mess with T6.