Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Surgical Outcomes and Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Surgical Outcomes and Blogs Discuss Question for Laser Surgery Patients in the Main forums forums; Hi, I had spinal laser surgery about 3 weeks ago. I was very sore the first few days but then ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 05:02 PM

Default Question for Laser Surgery Patients

Hi,

I had spinal laser surgery about 3 weeks ago. I was very sore the first few days but then started feeling great about week 2. But week 3 I started feeling some of the pain again.

I'm just wondering about some of your experiences (those of you who've had laser surgery) in terms of how long it took for you to feel 100% (if you did) and if it's a continually improving type of thing. If you had ups and downs.

I'm starting to get down about and just wanted to hear from others. I live in fear that I've done something to mess up what was done.

Thanks,
Zoobuzz
Old 07-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Zoobuz, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that you have backslid... hopefully it is temporary.

Can you be specific about leg pain vs. back pain, location of the pain, before and after the surgery?

all the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 07-03-2012, 03:36 AM

Down in my right leg and right lower back. Tingling in my legs. Kind of what I felt after the surgery. Walking helps and lying down. I sometimes go for an hour or two with very little or no pain. It's inflamed.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Has anyone had this procedure?
Old 07-05-2012, 07:57 PM

Default Laser Surgery

After I went to LSI, I had some improvement but still had some of the tingling. LSI told me that I had a difficult case and that I would always have some pain. Then I went to Bonati and had the same surgery done over. Afterwards, the pain and tingling went away.

4/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 right
8/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 left
12/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L4/5 right and left

9/09 Piriformis surgery to remove piriformis muscle causing sciatica
Old 08-15-2012, 11:15 PM

Default hum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Wilson View Post
After I went to LSI, I had some improvement but still had some of the tingling. LSI told me that I had a difficult case and that I would always have some pain. Then I went to Bonati and had the same surgery done over. Afterwards, the pain and tingling went away.
what did they do differently?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:12 PM

Dr. Bonati just know what he is doing in completing the decompression (removing any bone, scar, disc, ligament that is choking the nerve). Dr. Bonati basically stated that LSI did not do any decompressoin.

4/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 right
8/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L5/S1 left
12/08 Bonati Institute - redo of L4/5 right and left

9/09 Piriformis surgery to remove piriformis muscle causing sciatica
Old 08-30-2012, 06:27 PM

Default backsliding

Zoobuzz,
what did you have done re the laser surgery? I've not had laser surgery done tho did have worsened probs post my 2nd spine surgery which was a percutaneous discectomy at L4. I well know the feeling of worrying about going back to where I was ~ altho after many years with no further surgery I've been doing better. I think sometimes more surgery is warrented if the right surgeon can take care of the right pain generator(s) and nothing else is compromised.

Good luck and keep us posted