View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 06:25 PM

Default Anti-inflammatories

We're here to help and support one another and I discovered something beneficial.

I sustained severe nerve damage to my left leg during my 3 level adr surgery. Pt and accupuncture helped me get off all drugs except Celebrex which I will probably be on for the rest of my life. I still live with daily pain but it mostly stays at a level 1-2. I should also mention that L2/3 doesn't behave itself all the time.

I had/have been using a lidocaine patch on my back whenever I overdid or otherwise strained something. My new pm diagnosed bursitus in my left hip, prescribing Voltaren gel every night. Unfortunately, I had the exact opposite effect from using this and now use the patches which have improved the pain and weakness I feel at the end of the day.

However, I tried the Voltaren gel after a recent muscle spasm in my back that wouldn't let go,and after a few days, what a difference. I stopped using it and the spasm returned. I used the Voltaren again and again, the spasm subsided. I stopped again and the spasm returned. I now use it every night and so far, so good.

Just food for thought if anyone thinks they might benefit from either med. Voltaren gel is a muscle relaxer.

Dale