View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 12:10 AM

Unfortunately, the guidence you need must come from a doctor in whom you trust along with your own gut instinct based on personal knowledge from research. We can recommend doctors to go and not to go to. We can tell you what treatments we've had and what was good or bad about them but any ultimate decision must be made by you for only will will gain the benefit from a successful treatment or suffer the consequences of a failure.

Pain is one of the strongest motivators and decisions based on hope because ABC said it worked for him and your symptoms are similar may not coincide with your diagnosis.

Asking specific questions, e.g. what is this and when is it utilized - does this treatment work for ... has anyone heard anything about Dr. ... My MRI shows ... but my doctor says there is nothing he can do or he recommends this treatment but from what I've discovered, it's not recommended... and so on.

The more information you have, the more questions you can ask your doctor. The more you know, the more you'll understand. 30 is pretty young to have severe back or neck problems. Making a mistake is something you'll live with for a long time. ASK QUESTIONS and don't worry about making a pest of yourself. We've all been there.

Dale