View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 02:06 AM

Maria,

I don't think this was a flare-up - I think this is the way it is. Since my surgery, even while on Neurontin and Lyrica, my leg posed problems. Despite pt, accupunture and now Pilates, my left leg is not nearly as strong or flexible as the right. My pt told me to exercise both equally and not try to overdo the left to catch the right or underdo the right to let the left leg catch up so that is exactly what I do but the weakness is obvious.

To this day I cannot walk long distances, times or stand in lines for any length of time - and that is exactly what we did in Capri, Pompeii, the Vatican, Lake Como (George says hi), Tuscany.... I was walking everyday, uphill -very difficult- and downhill, stairs, etc. without giving my leg any chance to rest.

Plane didn't present too many problems as we flew business class in bed seats, quite comfortable actually - but over 400,000 points.

At home, I know when to call it quits for a day. Abroad, it simply wasn't possible and there was no laz-y-boy in which to rest, but I didn't think it would present quite the difficulties it did if I took it slow.

Still, we had a very memorable vacation. Think we'll stick to cruising-maybe to Figi in two years or so!

The good news, the sensitivity is dieing down and the visable nerve damage seems to be lessoning. Don't know yet if I'll be left with anything risidual.

Dale