Thread: Nambudripad
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM

I'd love to meet everyone but I'm afraid March is pretty much out for me - too many birthdays.

Maria, your friend knows her health depends on her quitting smoking. If she doesn't want to or doesn't want to bad enough, it won't happen. Both my parents were in denial. My father didn't quit until his bypass surgery and it was another 10 years before my mother had her 'scare' and quit. I guess the family calling to say their good-byes did it for her. Turned out benign but a good awakening.

Funny how after my father quit, he asked my mother not to smoke in front of him. She cared nothing about anyone's requests including car smoking but she finally gave in to his requests because she was so scared of losing him.
Tell your friend smoking takes more than lives, it also takes your sanity. Once you fear for your life or that of loved ones, those thoughts permeate every aspect of your life. Just like any little ache or pain causes our own imaginations to go into overdrive, when my father doesn't fell well or coughs, etc., my mother's blood pressure hits the roof. Her whole life is now based on watching my father...

Here goes my soapbox - anyone under the age of 60 knew smoking was deadly before they started. It wasn't as 'cool' as it was in the 40s and 50s though still creating an image. Anyone under 50 and smoking- well let's just say they're idiots who graduated from the school of stupidity with an advanced degree in moronics!

Nevertheless, the best time to quit was yesterday, the second best -today, the worst, tomorrow. It surprises me that smoking is quite alive and well all over Europe??????? One last thought, your friend knows all of this, it just hasn't hit home yet.