Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Community Support - NSR Discuss Nambudripad in the Main forums forums; Has anyone heard of this allergy elimination technique? I have asthma and it's getting worse every year. I'm ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 06:07 PM

Default Nambudripad

Has anyone heard of this allergy elimination technique?

I have asthma and it's getting worse every year. I'm allergic to water products - mold, mildew, spores, etc. - and the rain sets it off, as does any humidity and even the steam from the shower. Recently, even too many almonds triggered a serious attack.

A cousin from back east, who used to be sensitive to his entire environment, found this and has now been allergy free for many years. He also said this alternative therapy was affordable - yeah right, maybe in Connecticut.

Anyway, I started this last week and will keep you posted but if anyone's had experience with this, positive or negative, I'd like to hear about it. My therapist also studied acupuncture under the same Dr. who helped my nerve damage so she's also working with my pain.

Dale
Old 02-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Are you just eliminating one thing at at time ? How much time before something else is eliminated?
Sorry about the rain we will be getting here in LA. I am allergic to somethings , dont even know what. I take singulair every nite and still wake up stuffed up and feeling under the weather every morning.

I noticed a lot of us are in the Los Angeles area. Any get togethers ever happen? It would be fun for me anyway to meet everyone.

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 02-19-2011, 03:33 PM

The method has a protocol. Depending on the severity of your allergies, asthma, they 'clear' you of basics first, then any remaining specifics. In my case I will have 10 basic sessions which may or may not take care of some of my allergies which will be tested through muscle weakness.

Along with singulair, I also take 2 inhaled steroids daily, twice a day. Of course, I have my rescue inhaler handy at all times but as for meds, I'm maxxed out. I'm grasping at straws here but since my cousin had such postive results, even with the cost, I think it's worth trying.

Spiney gatherings - we tried to get one together a few years ago but things always seem to get in the way. Maybe soon

Dale
Old 02-19-2011, 07:53 PM

I dont know how many of so cal people are working, not me, hope to go back to it some day. I would definately be up for a get together , i do get lonely here.
Good luck with the allergy testing. I was using a inhaled steroid, but i am on too many other steroids so i just stick with the singulair.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
Old 02-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Administrator

I don't know about Dale's )*(*&N treatment. Sorry, I'm new to wearing contacts and can't go back to get the spelling or pronounciation correct.

I'm always up for a gathering. Will head back to Germany in mid March... perhaps before the 14th or so?

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 02-23-2011, 05:54 PM

Now just how lazy can some people get
Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 PM

Default re worsening allergies/asthma?

Hey Dale,
I've got a friend who lives in SoCal and her allergies and asthma have gotten so much worse in the last year that every time she goes out esp. if it's windy out she comes down with a respiratory infection or bronchitis. She says it's her allergies and her asthma and her doctor has no idea what to do as all her lab tests come out within normal limits so I thought maybe her immune system was bottoming out but everything checks out OK.

It's like she gets a cold with almost every outting. First she has a runny nose, then a cough that lingers, then it gets "junky" sounding and then it usually turns into bronchitis but it's whenever she goes out and does anything like shopping even.

Do you have anything like this going on by any chance? Like I said her doctors don't really have anything to offer except to treat her symptomatically and when she has an actual infection.

She's 70 (was a nurse) and has a bad back and neck as well.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:36 AM

Mark and other so cal people i am up for a gathering in about 2 weeks i should be given my license back (neck brace off) and will go anywhere. My doc said he is going to wean me off my brace and i am not sure what that involves. I will see him next wed and hopefully find out.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
Old 02-24-2011, 05:30 PM

No Maria. I do not get sick, there is no infection, it's pure asthma. I was told by my doctor that most allergies in children are due to an immature auto-immune system but adult onset asthma is actually a failing of your auto-immune system that will only worsen through the years. For me, this has been true.

I've watched my asthma go from nothing more than a nuisance to a huge problem in twenty years. Though my asthma is 'active' all the time, my attacks are worsening and coming much more frequently.

However, a commonality with your friend, I am also getting sick more easily than in past years. I find fighting a disease more difficult and a simple cold is now usually turning into an infection, mostly sinus, sometimes a uri. I try to be careful but now with 4 grandchildren, who I adore and live for, , putting myself in harm's way is probably inevitable. Please indulge me for a moment; Jordan (7), Andrew (4), Jaelyn (2) and Makenzie (6 mos).

Though breathing the air is L.A. is bad enough, I believe all of this is a result of my parents smoking all my life, caring nothing about literally blowing smoke into their children's faces. Of course I could be wrong but there is no history of allergies in my family. Proving it is another matter entirely.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:54 PM

Default asthma

Dale,
You are around a number of little ones and when they get a cold I'm sure everyone else does as well! When I worked in Peds I was sick every 2 months with colds that turned into sinus infections every time. I never had that with any other area of medicine I worked in!

My friend used to smoke and she has grandchildren as well and everytime one of them has a cold she gets it but it turns into something much worse for her.

As I mentioned she has asthma as well so that's part of what bothers here plus the allergies but she is is sick more than she's well in the last few years.

Wish I could be more helpful to her. It's awful to watch one of your best friends become so sick so easily or anyone you know and care about. I'm sure your kids must worry about you as well with that regard.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:50 PM

I too breathe LA's smoggy air and had parents that were chain smokers growing up., They only smoked in the house as we had winter too cold and summers too hot . But anyway they smoked and had coffee every day again with no reagard for their children. My brothers and i had many respiratory diseases worse than colds and my mom always wondered why. She even told me we were weak!
Since moving back to LA 5 years ago i have pretty bad allergies and wake up all stuffed up every day even though i take singulair every nite year round. My primary wanted to send me to an allergist, but i could not take one more doctors apt.

Hey lets pick a date before Mark goes back to Germany to have an LA get together.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM

I'd love to meet everyone but I'm afraid March is pretty much out for me - too many birthdays.

Maria, your friend knows her health depends on her quitting smoking. If she doesn't want to or doesn't want to bad enough, it won't happen. Both my parents were in denial. My father didn't quit until his bypass surgery and it was another 10 years before my mother had her 'scare' and quit. I guess the family calling to say their good-byes did it for her. Turned out benign but a good awakening.

Funny how after my father quit, he asked my mother not to smoke in front of him. She cared nothing about anyone's requests including car smoking but she finally gave in to his requests because she was so scared of losing him.
Tell your friend smoking takes more than lives, it also takes your sanity. Once you fear for your life or that of loved ones, those thoughts permeate every aspect of your life. Just like any little ache or pain causes our own imaginations to go into overdrive, when my father doesn't fell well or coughs, etc., my mother's blood pressure hits the roof. Her whole life is now based on watching my father...

Here goes my soapbox - anyone under the age of 60 knew smoking was deadly before they started. It wasn't as 'cool' as it was in the 40s and 50s though still creating an image. Anyone under 50 and smoking- well let's just say they're idiots who graduated from the school of stupidity with an advanced degree in moronics!

Nevertheless, the best time to quit was yesterday, the second best -today, the worst, tomorrow. It surprises me that smoking is quite alive and well all over Europe??????? One last thought, your friend knows all of this, it just hasn't hit home yet.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:02 PM

Maybe we wait until Mark gets back and settled from Germany .
I had a few drinks a number of years ago at one of my husbands co workers birthday parties. I went around quizzing everyone as to why they were smoking. Of course all the young people were and not one answer was given to me , only comment was i sounded like their moms!!!
My dad finally quit with a bout of a severe respiratory infection. My mom still puffs away all day long. She only smokes outside on their screened in porch.
I haven't visisted since my lungs were damaged, now i won't be going near her much when she is relaxing.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
Old 02-28-2011, 01:58 AM

Default re friend

Dale,
She quit smoking 2 years ago. Still is worse, especially with winds/Santa Ana's and such or like yesterday's winds. She can hardly go outside at all anymore it seems. I just have to wonder what isn't being worked up and ruled out.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:54 AM

Maria,

They say the lung damage starts reversing as soon as you quit smoking but does take at least 5 years before your lungs are considered healthy. Perhaps it's now just a waiting game.

My current attack is finally calming down. I can't wait until I finish my treatments and find out if I'm allergy free or ????? Will keep you posted,

Dale
Old 03-03-2011, 07:19 PM

Any luck with the allergy testing?
Our cat sleeps downstairs ususally , but once in a while comes up to my bed. I am sure i have some allergies to him as i am really stuffed up when he sleeps with me, well more than ususal.
Hope you had some good luck and glad the attack is over.k\
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
Old 03-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Judy,

I just had my 3rd session yesterday. I have to go through their basic 10, which may or may not address some of my specifics, before we tackle my tirggers. So far - nothing but I don't expect any change until we deal with basic humidity.

Because of the cost, I'm only going every other week so it'll be awhile before we get to where I need to go, about another 3 months before my allergies are tackled. I'm willing to try this because I have no where else to go. I'm maxxed out on meds and my allergies are getting worse. This is the only therapy I've ever heard of that tackles the allergies themselves and not just the reactions. We'll see

D
Old 03-05-2011, 03:41 AM

OK so a very long process. You've got lots of patience. I always want it figured out and fixed now!!!
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
Old 03-05-2011, 05:38 PM

Judy,

A type A personality, huh? Me too!

Unfortunately, this is their process, not my choice. If I want to try this, I must go through their protocols.

As for wanting it NOW - I'm quite well versed in that particular desire. I've also learned that life doesn't work that way and exercising a little patience goes a long way. Difficult - for certain, necessary - for sure.

Have you ever noticed how much easier life was before we had it easy?

D
Old 03-07-2011, 04:14 AM

Yes, my patience gets tested all the time. This week i'm working on my nerve damage that DrRegan left me with. Hope this does not test my patience, but i'm thinking it will somehow!!!
Keep us in the allergy loop
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2010 lung surgery
2011 Foot surgery
Old 04-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Default patience

Dale,
Definately understand why it's called a virtue! Good thing my back gave me some experience w/this so I could handle it when I was going thru bilateral posterior tibial tendonitis. Now it's something else. Aging..not for sissies as is said!

Hope the overall outcome of the treatments will be beneficial for you. My friend is sick everytime she goes out (or becomes sick). I mean just when she goes to the store grocery shopping.

Last week she had a reaction to a cheaper brand kitty litter that had a lot of dust kicking up and her allergies kicked in, asthma followed and then she got a bacterial infection. But it seems like that happens all the time.

She was not a heavy smoker during her smoking years. I guess it doesn't matter. Her doctor says she has "mild COPD" but I have to wonder what else is going on. She seems to have Chronic Fatigue syndrome if I were in the business of diagnosing.

I have tried to talk to her about placing some of her cats somewhere else as well as she something like 9 I think and while I believe she could once handle that many I think now that is a definate big trigger for her allergies.

Keep us posted and hope you'll be doing much better.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshobbies View Post
Here goes my soapbox - anyone under the age of 60 knew smoking was deadly before they started. It wasn't as 'cool' as it was in the 40s and 50s though still creating an image. Anyone under 50 and smoking- well let's just say they're idiots who graduated from the school of stupidity with an advanced degree in moronics!

My Uncle reckoned he couldn't quit. 40 years of it or whatever. Recently had part of both lungs taken out, 6 months later given the all clear that its not currently systemic after going through all the god awful chemo.

Turns out after all that he could quit after all

People will say I'm cold blah blah... no one has any sympathy for a heroin abuser, or an alcoholic, in fact they look down on them... both brutal afflictions... but for some reason if a long term smoker gets lung cancer we're supposed to pretend it came out of the blue. Please.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:16 PM

Hooch,

I know of absolutely no one whose lives weren't negatively affected by someone who smoked. NO ONE!!!!!

When I see kids smoking today - like my cousin's son - my blood boils. What is wrong with these people and their parents? You should know that smoking is quite alive and well all through Europe (as is butter) and in most Oriental cultures

Disgusting!

Dale