View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 05:05 PM

When I think of my own road traveled, I must agree, the wheels turned slowly. Three months to get an appointment, another month to schedule tests, another month to get results, four months waiting for a return call until finally giving up and starting again with another doctor.

Though scheduled for surgery almost 3 months in advance, no one bothered telling me my insurance company failed to authorize the procedure and after all my presurgical tests at the hospital and getting myself in a good place for the surgery, with less than one week to go, my insurance company ultimately pulled the plug. I've heard stories of ins. pulling the plug with a day's notice.

Once I discovered ADRs, it took an entire year, and then only with Mark's help, to get my surgery.

I understand the agony of waiting both for a confirmed diagnosis and then treatment. All the while, you're suffering in relentless pain. It is such a waste of time. Would that it could be different, alas our worlds would improve.

Many spinal doctors know what is thought of them. It appears they care less about your pain than their egos. Don't know why, it just appears to be the way it is. But as I've said before, you don't want a new friend, you want a competent doctor - the emphasis on competent. Then you still have to wait it out!