View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 02:46 AM

Thumbs up I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the Activ-L clinical trial. I just got home from Florida today, would've posted sooner; but the internet at the hotel was horribly slow. I saw Dr. Garcia on Thursday and he said I was a great canidate for the trial. I found out that he and Dr. Yue are the inventors of the Activ-L disc. I really feel comfortable with him, he answered all my questions, and spent an hour just talking to me. I then did the trial paperwork and am accepted! The only thing I have to do is bloodwork the day before surgery, a chest x-ray and meet with him again to discuss any questions or concerns I may have. I then will have surgery on March 17, 2009! I am excited and nervous all at the same time; but more than those two, I am sick and tired of hurting 24/7. I can't wait to be on the other side with the rest of you! I'm so ready for the next chapter of my life to begin! Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and encouragement!

Mark- I didn't even read your post to tell him hello until I after I had already seen him. Funny thing is, I was telling him that I have been researching ADR and understand that the goal is great outcome; but that I also understand that this is not always the case. To explain how I 'knew' all these ADR patients, I told him about how I was on this board and had been on the "other board" I then was telling him about how it came about and you (not knowing you knew each other). I then mentioned your name and he told me he knew you and had great things to say about you.
Goes to show it is a small world after all.

Kathy
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!