View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 12:03 AM

Thank you all so much, I probably would have given up if it wasn't for all of your encouragement.
Dale- I also bought some 4 leaf clover socks for surgery, maybe they will let me keep them? I know they usually give you those hideous hospital socks and I usually don't put them on and keep mine on. They may be stricter than the injection people are.
I LOVE the lidocaine shot in the hand before the IV. I am terrified of needles, I literally faint. I know logically that it is not that painful, it's not going to kill me, and so on. But, I have this crazy fear, although with having 2 babies, all the back issues, and hormone issues that require crap loads of blood to be taken often; it is getting better. I just let them know that I MUST lay down. I do have some kick ass big veins and have only had one idiot miss my vein, they obviously had no experience and the head nurse came in and apologized and put it in within seconds.
I am ready for the drugs, I've been hanging on by a thread for awhile now. Hopefully, they will give me the 'I don't give a sh*t if you cut my leg off' drug right away.
Well, we are leaving on Sunday for Miami. All day Monday is registering at the hospital and seeing the dr.
Thanks for everything, Kathy
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!