Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Abstracts and Articles
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Abstracts and Articles Discuss CD-Horizon in the Main forums forums; Hello, i am new here in this forum and i want to tell you my story. I live in Germany ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 06:26 PM

Default CD-Horizon

Hello,

i am new here in this forum and i want to tell you my story. I live in Germany and had fromm 2003-2006 4 Operations witm implantion von Th3 to L3. The first 3 Metall implants i had in my back, broke. so i had a forth OP with something made by CD-Horizon. The problem i have is, about 4 years ago, one year after the last OP, my backside started to hurt me. the time went on and the pain got worser. At the time i have a fentanyl ĩ75 plaster on my body and after the last visit i was told to take ĩ100 fentanyl. i donīt want to do that. has anybody areason why i have got such problems?
I need help ti get away from the drugs.

thanks

peter
Old 02-25-2011, 12:25 AM

Hi i wanted to welcome you . Glad you posted. I'm afraid my back has been in such bad shape and i do not know why either. I too have had many back surgeries and am fusing (they were recent surgeries) from C4 thru L-2. I am still on narcotics and have been for over 3 years.
Others more qualified may ask you more questions and have some help for you or can lead you in the right direction
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 02-25-2011, 04:50 PM

Welcome to the forum fischotter,

I think it's quite rare that an implant actually breaks and you had all 3 break? Now you have what can be described as sciatica pain.

I'm assuming your 4 surgeries were single implants, 1 level at a time. Your last surgery was to replace the previous 3 implants? Who did your surgeries? Did the same doctor do all of them?

Regardless, it's time to get another opinion. Radiating pain can be caused by something touching your spinal cord. The pain actually comes from the nerve which is in your back. If something irritates this nerve, you'll feel the pain in your buttocks, down your legs, in your feet, etc. Relief can only come when the pressure is taken off that nerve, so your doctor has to find out why this is happening.

Obviously, he hasn't explained this to you and hasn't looked for the cause. Find a doctor who will investigate the cause. Covering your pain with drugs does nothing to find out why you have this pain in the first place and 4 years without a diagnosis is too long.

Let me also add that once the source of this pain is discovered, there may or may not be something that can done to fix it but you should still try to find out what is causing this specific pain.

Good luck and please keep us posted, Dale
Old 02-25-2011, 05:36 PM

Hello,
my 4 Op`s were in 3 different German Hospitals. The first 3 OPīs were OK, although they broke. There was no one who was able to tell me why the broke. before the forth OP, i was told they would use a new sort or implant. after about one year the problems startet. I have been about 7 times to look up the problems. first the doctors where very happy to to something and after a short time they had no intrest any more. they gave me more drugs and sent me home.

ciao

Peter
Old 03-12-2011, 06:41 PM

Hello,
after i wrote to the last hospital where i was operated, they wrote back to me taht they used material from medtronic. they wrote also that they didnīt use cd-horizon. i wrote back to them that cd-horizon was a product of medtronic. i havenīt received an answer.
Now, i have got a date in the Muenster uni-hospital.

Ciao

Peter
Old 03-13-2011, 04:19 PM

Hello Peter,
Is the date at the hospital with a new doctor to evaluate the pain? I wish you good luck with this and make sure you let us know what happens.
My daughter-in-law to be lives in Germany. I need to find out from my son exactly where. I only know it is a small town and she flies to visit from the Frankfurt airport. I hope someday to visit your country if i can stay out of the OR and my back can stay in control!
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot