Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Discogram/Discography in the Main forums forums; I have posted this before but for those who haven't followed my story, I think it's worth posting ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2009, 07:16 PM

Default Discogram/Discography

I have posted this before but for those who haven't followed my story, I think it's worth posting again.

I had an American discogram under sedation and it wasn't too bad. I had read too many horror stories about unsedated discograms and feared this test more than anything related to my spine.

Even though surgery with Dr. B in Germany was in my best interest, I so feared this test that even though I didn't want to leave this country, my greatest fear was this test and overshadowed all common sense. Fortunately, my American surgical plans fell apart and I had no choice but to go to Germany if I wanted ADR surgery, so off I went, my fear of the dreaded discography so intact that I could think of nothing else.

I had this test the morning of my surgery. The pain reached a level 10 BUT it was over before I could even cry out. We all stub our toes, cut our fingers and bang our heads yet we do not fear repeatedly doing those things that caused these accidents to happen (like opening an envelope). Yes, this test hurts but after having been through it, the pain lasted one second, less than the time it takes to react.

Perhaps if someone had posted this instead of stressing the pain factor, I wouldn't have so afraid and maybe I would have realized sooner that Dr. B should have been my first and only choice.

Fear is a strong motivater and I want to assure anyone who has to undergo this test, there is no need to fear the pain that is gone before you even know it's there. Everyone reports how terrible it is but the thought of it is far worse than the test itself. It's just not that bad!