Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss New Here, need some answers guys in the Main forums forums; Can't believe so many have moved from other site! Terry and Justin will be so generous in answering questions ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 PM

Smile New Here, need some answers guys

Can't believe so many have moved from other site! Terry and Justin will be so generous in answering questions and handing out hope, opps sorry, didn't mean to slight the rest - Kathy, Melody, Gil, CindyLou, Adrienne, Todd, Eddie G, Steve44, Bob, sahuaro, chuck, etc. (notice some of you are not newbies) who are so very, very thoughtful.

Will fill out surgery outcome page and signature soon. But in the meantime a brief history. Cervical ProDisc 4-level C3-7, April 7, 2008, Dr. Bertagnoli, Germany at age 67.

Actually met Mark in the lobby of the Hotel Theresientor in Straubing prior to my surgery. His wife and a client were awaiting surgery so he was quite busy. However he took the time to talk to me and assure me that I was in good hands and offered his help at any time. Not real important, but he told me about Skype, loved it. Am very glad to be a part of his dedication.

Now, I don't understand my MRI from 12/2007. Didn't ask enough questions, knew I didn't want fusion. Am going to see spine doctor at Cleveland Clinic finally for a much needed follow-up (Dr. B had to refer me) and want to be able to ask some intelligent questions. Looked up terms, got some thoughts from other site, but need the explanation from the "experts."

"There is some mild straightening of the normal cervical lordosis without focal subluxation. Overall spinal canal diameter is somewhat small, suggesting an element of congenital stenosis.

There is generalized multilevel disc desiccation and degeneration, mainly involving C3-4 through C6-7.

At the C2-3 level, no focal disc protrusion.(Had a discogram in Germany prior to surgery, no pain whatsoever, Dr. FM said dye went in and out, could the procedure have caused the disc to rupture? Decision made to do 4 adr's instead of 3.) There is some mild left-sided degenerative foraminal stenosis.

At the C3-4 level, there are endplate osteophytes and some degenerative changes in the facets. The sac measures 9 or 10 mm in AP dimensions. (What is AP and what does 8, 9, 10 mm dimensions mean?) There is asymmetric osteophytic foraminal narrowing more on the left.

At the C4-5 level, there are endplate osteophytes. There is indentation on the anterior aspect of the sac which measure 9 or 10 mm in AP dimensions. There is some osteophytic foraminal narrowing, greater on the left.

At the C5-6 level, there are endplate osteophytes. There is indentation on the anterior aspect of the sac, which measure about 8mm in AP dimensions. There is asymmetric osteophytic foraminal narrowing, greater on the left.

At the C6-7 level, there are endplate osteophytes indenting the anterior aspect of the sac, which measures about 9mm in AP dimensions. Exit foramina are only slightly distorted.

At the C7-T1 level, no major abnormality." (was there anything in MRI that said adr?, I didn't ask, just took advice, fusion or replacement, although film showed disc's making indentations on spinal cord, anything that might suggest why I have more pain now than pre-op? Not sorry I had adr's, couldn't stand the thought of fusion, but am wondering why the pain)