Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Out of Options and very depressed... in the Main forums forums; Hey Everyone, I saw Dr. Zigler today. The clinical trial for the Freedom Disc has finally started, which was what ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2009, 02:05 AM

Unhappy Out of Options and very depressed...

Hey Everyone,
I saw Dr. Zigler today. The clinical trial for the Freedom Disc has finally started, which was what I have been waiting for. I signed up for the trial and did the paperwork today. The research team said that everything looked great and I was a good canidate and would have an answer today. Well, I got my answer.... I qualified for all of the criteria; except previous litigation. Since I hired an attorney and settled (out of court) for my wreck, I am disqualified. I am so upset, I have cried my eyes out. I talked to Dr. Zigler's administrative assistant after this and asked about other options. She said that Unicare, my insurance carrier, is not paying for any ADR's. So, I can wait until they do start paying (chancing my mild/moderate facet arthritis to get worse), pay cash (not an option, unless they will take my big savings of $1,500), or have a fusion. I don't even know what to do. I am almost willing to have the fusion just to get out of this pain, even though I know I will end up with more problems, especially since I'm only 28. So, I guess this is it for me, either have a fusion or suffer for the rest of my life. I am so sick of fighting for approval, not just insurance; but trying to get social security disability and being denied twice; just life in general. I wish I could just be knocked out and not have to deal with this.
Kathy
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!