Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Finally Home! in the Main forums forums; Thank you everyone for your warm wishes. I really means a lot to me! Well, I'm finally home after ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2009, 06:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek
Default Finally Home!

Thank you everyone for your warm wishes. I really means a lot to me!

Well, I'm finally home after spending 6 days in the hospital. It was a bit more than I expected & I had some pretty scary moments.

I found out the morning of my surgery that it was going to be a bit more complicated that originally thought. Dr, Bitan & I were not able to discuss fully before the surgery how things would change with the fusion surgery. He apologized & said that he felt that for the best possible outcome for me that he would have to also do a posterior approach with the anterior so he could put 2 screws through the back to make sure that the instrumentation was as solid as could be. I told him I wasn't happy about the prospect of 2 additional incisions but if this is what he felt was best, then lets do it.

The surgery was probably about 6 1/2 hours long. I was in an IMMENSE amount of pain which they had trouble controlling.

We had some scary moments with my blood pressure & potassium levels being extremely low along with a tachycardic heart. At 1 point I was up to 150 bpm. I was unaware of any possible heart condition, so now I have to follow up with my PCD to see what's going on.

I'll be setting up a thread in surgical outcomes shortly. I'm kinda pooped at the moment & I should really get off my duff & walk for 20 minutes.

I'll pop on when I can. Thank you everyone again for all of your help!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09