Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Anyone had cervical ADR done in Ontario? IMPORTANT in the Main forums forums; Hi all, I am a transplant from another forum, and am glad to see some familiar faces here. I am ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 07:56 PM

Default Anyone had cervical ADR done in Ontario? IMPORTANT

Hi all,

I am a transplant from another forum, and am glad to see some familiar faces here.

I am in a battle with our Provincial Medical system to get out of country surgery, and would sincerely appreciate any contact/information about ADR surgery in Ontario, especially cervical ADR.

I have to prove that it is done in Ontario, especially multi-level. I have spoken to a doctor about it, and his staff verbally confirmed that he does it, but refuse to take the time to write a letter to that effect. I can understand their position since I am not a patient, but I need to confirm this asap.

Does anyone have a list of doctors who do both cervical and lumbar? I have the names of some who do either/or but not both. Drs. Gurr, Duggal, Rampersand and Yee are who I have right now.

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Katie... welcome to the forum. Sorry, but I don't know anyone with c-adr in your area. Will Ontario, California do?
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 02-28-2009, 02:23 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmglobal View Post
Katie... welcome to the forum. Sorry, but I don't know anyone with c-adr in your area. Will Ontario, California do?
Only if I get some sun and warm temperatures ;-) Sorry I forgot to be more specific...I'm in Ontario, Canada. ....with lots of snow and -20
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:10 AM

Katie,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with the Canadian health care system. Do you have something kind of national medical association that you can contact for this information? I'm guessing you've already googled Canada and ADR. How about contacting the manufacturer to find out who buys the implants in your area.

If your doctor does multi-level but can't be bothered to write a letter, try contacting the hospital in which he operates and ask them if other doctors also perform that surgery.

Just a couple of suggestions, Good luck, Dale
Old 02-28-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshobbies View Post
Katie,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with the Canadian health care system. Do you have something kind of national medical association that you can contact for this information? I'm guessing you've already googled Canada and ADR. How about contacting the manufacturer to find out who buys the implants in your area.

If your doctor does multi-level but can't be bothered to write a letter, try contacting the hospital in which he operates and ask them if other doctors also perform that surgery.

Just a couple of suggestions, Good luck, Dale
Dale, you are brilliant! Thank you ever so much. That is such an obvious solution, and it evaded me for such a long time. I'll blame it on the meds

I will contact both the manufacturer and the hospital where he works. Thanks again.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:04 AM

Welcome to the forum here. I sure hope that you get your appeal resolved with the government. I can imagine how anxiety producing this process is.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5