Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Weather Change and Increased Pain??? in the Main forums forums; I am stealing this post from Dale (dshobbies), where it is posted under Mark's (mmglobal) chest pain thread. Just ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 12:20 AM

Default Weather Change and Increased Pain???

I am stealing this post from Dale (dshobbies), where it is posted under Mark's (mmglobal) chest pain thread. Just curious what you all think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshobbies View Post
Hey Mark and others from SoCal,

You say that you're worse in Jan/Feb. I wonder if the barometric pressure has anything to do with it, age notwithstanding. Just a thought. See what happens next week when the pressure gets higher.
I used to think it was bulls**t when people said that the weather caused them more pain, no I eat my words (funny how that works ) I totally feel worse when the weather is unstable. Here in Texas, it may snow on Monday, be 100 on Wednesday, rain on Thursday, ice on Friday and be in the 80's on Saturday. You never really know what the weather will do. When the weather is like this, I am in more pain than usual. I'm a believer in the weather and pain now.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has experienced this. Dale, I'm going to steal your post and start a new thread about it.
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!
Old 03-14-2009, 12:23 AM

We just started having a switch in our weather, going from warm over several days to cold and rainy today, and I definitely feel it. Though this whole week has been bad, today was worse.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone
Old 03-14-2009, 01:39 AM

Kathy,
I never believed in the weather thing until after this surgery and every time we had a rainy day I stayed in bed. I guess I will be a believer now.
Discogram concordant pain @L4-S1 Aug. 07
Prodisc ADR's at L4-S1 November 2007
Foraminotomy July 08 for Sciatica
Continued problems and back pain worsened
Prodiscs removed and discs fused at L4-S1 Feb. 09
Old 03-14-2009, 02:55 PM

Funny how you go through life too busy to actually observe unless some illness or disability sidelines you and you have no choice. After 2 years of watching life go by, you just naturally pick up on 'things'. Then, the drugs take it all away!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:50 PM

Living in the cold climates for many years I swear that weather plays a significant role in how we feel. High and low pressure systems reek havoc as does the cold and damp of Winter and early Spring. I love staying warm in the cold Winters we have and have the clothing to go out in anything. There's no such thing as cold, just not enough layers of the right clothing.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5
Old 03-15-2009, 06:36 PM

Default oh my aching joints

If it were just my back which it isn't at the present nor has been for a while but rather my hands, knees and feet that have been acting up with weather changes.

I'm heading off for a slew of labwork tho because I am so cold much of the time unless I'm boiling hot. Mentalpause must go on forEVER!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
If it were just my back which it isn't at the present nor has been for a while but rather my hands, knees and feet that have been acting up with weather changes.

I'm heading off for a slew of labwork tho because I am so cold much of the time unless I'm boiling hot. Mentalpause must go on forEVER!
I feel your 'pain' (pun intended). I had my hormones checked because I was having lots of weird issues going on. Well, I have LESS hormones than a menopausal woman. I had a .6 and a 12 I had them retested and I moved up to a 3 and a 15 (that is with the use of bio-identical hormones). I am always having hot flashes, then being ice cold, grouchy and moody.... then add back pain to it and I'm a mess.
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!
Old 03-16-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Yep, I feel the same. And this morning I forgot to take my relafen, I remembered when I was walking into work and my knees were killing me. My hands knees and feet are stiff and sore almost all the time, but especially in the morning. I really hope the relafen helps.

Do you take anything for arthritis, which is what I am thinking this is, or at least inflammation of some sort?

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone
Old 03-16-2009, 05:46 PM

Default re arthritis meds

I've long not been able to take nsaids due to GI probs and even tho I complain of every imaginable (or real) joint pain to all my docs involved in taking care of my various joints and even my PCP, no recommendations are made except to stay active and PT.

I was sent for a consultation where the surgeon recommended fusing my thumb joints but after hearing about the recovery period I said .. no thanks!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:04 AM

i've lived on the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in the plains for the past 5 years now. These pst 4 have been getting worse and worse........ I can tell you 2 days before whatever is going to hit is going to hit! All i want to do is go to Belize and sit in the warm water.

Barrometric pressure DOES have consequences.......... hey it makes babies come faster when there is a storm and it drops........ along with full moons.

All my neighbors have called me 'crazy' over my back, and i was starting to feel maybe i was, that "just get out and walk" , "go swimming" etc. well the first words i remmber hearing Dr. Sisson saying yesterday was "no your not crazy". make me feel much better!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:56 PM

Hey oes ali,

I don't know your circumstances but have you read all these posts? No, you are not crazy!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, welcome to the forum. Want to tell us a little about yourself? (In case you already have, ignore last question)