Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Lumbar post op questions? in the Main forums forums; Hey all of you lumbar patients, got some questions for you.... 1. Did you have lots of butt and leg ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2009, 08:53 PM

Default Lumbar post op questions?

Hey all of you lumbar patients, got some questions for you....
1. Did you have lots of butt and leg pain after surgery? My left leg (same side as my incision) is still very stiff and I don't have the motion in it that I had prior.
2. Did you have a soft or hard brace? I was given a soft brace and I am terrified that I am going to do something to jack up my new back. Am I just paranoid?
3. Did you swell badly? My stomach and ankles (now cankles) are severly swollen.
4. How long until your incision healed? When did you get to take a bath? I miss my hot baths so bad!
5. Were you told to not use heat; but ice only? My dr. said no heat, which I will admit, I have not completely obeyed...
6. My dr. has already cut my post-op meds in half, saying that my natural endorphins will kick in, anyone else told this? It is hard for me to get up and move without the pain relief from meds. I feel like the moving around will heal me quicker than not being on medication.
7. How long until you drove? Just walking for 6 weeks?
8. I forgot most of my questions at my post-op appointment and they didn't really give me anything outlining recovery stuff?

Any other helpful information?
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!