Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Dr. Bitan in NYC...anyone have information? in the Main forums forums; On the advice of another member of the forum, I sent my MRIs to several other doctors in the States, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2009, 07:40 PM

Default Dr. Bitan in NYC...anyone have information?

On the advice of another member of the forum, I sent my MRIs to several other doctors in the States, including Dr. Fabien Bitan in NYC, and Dr. Bonati in Florida. Both answered me very quickly.

Dr. Bitan called me with urgent news; it corresponded with the doctors who recommeded DIAM surgery in my lumbar and ADR in my cervical area (C5/6) (see other thread). Dr. Bitan and three others all said that my cervical 5/6 needed urgent attention, that I am risking quadraplegia and other problems if I leave it much longer. Now one doctor telling me that is bad enough, and maybe questionable, but now four...three at the first hospital in Mumbai and now Dr. Bitan.

So, I decided to bite the bullet and go see him on this coming Monday. It will be about an eight hour drive, so it will probably involve staying away from home two nights, but that is a small cost compared to waiting three months for a Canadian doctor to see me, and I think he only does lumbar. I've been waiting since last July to get an appointment with a local neurosurgeon, that my neurologist was supposed to refer me to. Not only did I not get an appointment yet, I haven't even gotten a phone call to book one.

It amazes me that I can call a surgeon on a Friday in the States and see him on Monday, or any day next week really! Our system is so broken!

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback on this doctor, good or bad. It seems that a lot is happening in a short time, finally.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.