Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Finally got the thumbs up for cervical injection! in the Main forums forums; Yippeeeeeeeeeee!! I finally got the a-ok. I had my 5 week post-op with Dr. Stark concerning my right ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 07:23 PM

Default Finally got the thumbs up for cervical injection!

Yippeeeeeeeeeee!! I finally got the a-ok. I had my 5 week post-op with Dr. Stark concerning my right SI joint fusion yesterday, and he stated that because I was doing so well, he would make the exception and let me have the steroid injection in my neck. I am so relieved. I cannot tell you. So....it is scheduled for next Wednesday morning at 7:15 a.m. Still have to lasso a driver. But shouldn't be too much trouble. I sure hope that does the trick. I'm kinda worried, truthfully, expecially with the vice grip shoulder pain, scapula, and down my arm pain. It sure feels like the makings of some nerve entrapment. I really can't go down to Bonati Institute and pay out of pocket again. At the very least, I am concerned I might need a decompression or disectomy. Just my humble guess. But, I also don't want to borrow trouble, so......stick to the plan Cindy!
The weather is incredible here in Minneapolis, finally, after a long damn winter. Ice officially went off Lake Minnetonka this week. (that's always a sign of spring) And my forsythia out back have giant buds of yellow just waiting to burst open. So we decided to pack up and head to the cabin for the weekend, and come back Monday. I hope everyone has a nice weekend, and thank-you all for the tremendous support. (I just got home from having acupuncture on my neck, to hold me over until next Wednesday. It's definitely giving me some relief.)
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:38 PM

Default thumbs up

CindyLou,
So glad to hear that news! I'm still awaiting auth for my lumbar ESI and thankfully oral muscle relaxers are holding me over with my neck for now (what a fragile area tho in terms of muscular torquing and then all kinds of pain/limitations). Ok, back to you~ you go girl! Lasso up that ride and giddyapp on over to the Ambulatory Care Surgery Center or you might want to stop over at ans's garage surgery center where he has performed zero procedures but might want a guinea pig!
Old 04-18-2009, 04:14 AM

That is great news CL! I pray this gives you the relief you so desperately need and deserve. You have been to war with your body, it's bought many a doctor a new Mercedes At least you will have a great write off for your taxes Hope you have a great, relaxing, little or no pain weekend- you deserve it.
Gentle hugs,
Kathy
Numerous MRI's, PT, chiropractic, accupuncture, TENS therapy, massage therapy, facet injections, epidural injections, Nerve study, Discogram, confirms pain in L4/5, IDET, decompression, Bi-lateral neurotomy L3/4/5, denied by insurance twice, in Active L clinical trial, had surgery March 17, 2009 in Miami, FL- received Active L disc
Had Baby #3 after ADR!