Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Oh, boy, here I go again....... in the Main forums forums; Am starting to get real jittery and shaky behind my neck this morning. Feeling nauseous. Good thing the ER made ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2009, 01:36 PM

Default Oh, boy, here I go again.......

Am starting to get real jittery and shaky behind my neck this morning. Feeling nauseous. Good thing the ER made me follow up with PC, cuz I have an appt. in 30 minutes, which up till now, I had been thinking about canceling. I do not know what is going on with this damn neck of mine. Will report back.......
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 PM

Cindylou, I'm sorry but I don't know your whole story. Your signature mentions a lot of work done at the Lumbar area, but not in the cervical. You got an epidural shot not long ago, but I have not seen the reason why you need one.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have had numerous injections there, without success, but with no long lasting problems.

Please let us know what happens at your appointment. You have certainly been through enough.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 PM

Default ???

CL,
I'm sorry to hear this as well and wonder about multi level disc stuff going on? Spasms? I went thru such a crappy cervical period for almost a month and it's finally settled down a bit but I have to really *watch it* with my positioning and such. Good luck with the visit and keep us posted.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:11 PM

Ok, got home a little bit ago. It is not looking good. My primary care flat out said she thinks I need surgery on my neck. Talk about an elephant in the room. The pain going down the shoulder into my arm and hand is all C6-7, she stated. My heart rate was way high upon examination.....I'm sure the spasms set it off and gave me that shortness of breath. It appears to have calmed down somewhat now. She also does not think it is a good idea for me to take care of the baby. That is just not an option. At the very least, I could hire a high school girl for the summer to do the lifting of the baby, bring her to me, etc. I really want to do this. I also don't want to wait until I end up needing emergency surgery. So, I think first things first. I'm supposed to call my back/neck clinic and make an appt. and see who in the group does neck surgery. Likely a disectomy (sp) is what my first thought is. I know things are supposed to happen for a reason, but right now, this minute, I have no clue as to why I am suffering in this way. I am beginning to feel a bit like Job. I know in reality there is no comparison, but seriously, how much does a person have to handle??? Enough is enough.
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:40 PM

Cindylou,

My so feel for you. Your last line, enough is enough, says it all. In my life, crying is all that is left which causes a terrible headache and then you say great, one more thing to add on to this already full plate. I think it's safe to say, except in the final throws of labor, those words should never be applicable, except when your sides hurt from laughing too much.

And the baby. Nothing more to say. I'm sorry. I hope your resolution is on the horizon but again, how much more do you have to endure?

Enough is enough!

Dale
Old 04-29-2009, 04:57 PM

Do you have friends and/or family around who can help? In our area, high school students have to work so many hours of community service before they can graduate, and my friend's son came over and did a lot of barn work for me that I am unable to do. We have a small farm. It worked well for both of us, and that might help you too, and not cost so much.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.