Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Could this weird symptom be spine related? in the Main forums forums; Please don't laugh.. it's not that I'm having pain in this area or anything else that suggests ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 PM

Default Could this weird symptom be spine related?

Please don't laugh.. it's not that I'm having pain in this area or anything else that suggests any kind of problem per se but in the last few weeks or so I've been having this odd vibratory feeling right about bladder area to suprapubic area and it goes on and on and on... it's not painful or anything just kinda distracting tho it's exactly like some of the vibratory feeling I had in my feet or legs ~ it's noticeable and can be a distraction tho not painful or really bothersome.

Ok that's not worrisome to me by itself because I use pain as a measurement of when to worry and several weeks ago I had a *mother* of a back spasm that seemed higher than my previous probs tho it was one of those "my back's going out" seconds where I just had time to ease over to the bed and lie still for hours as it was the only thing I could do.

A bit later that night I took my meds and a muscle relaxer. The next day I still had some residual pain but it eased off altho I took it easy. Day after that I was myself again.

So Friday I had a transforaminal ESI at L5S1. Didn't exactly go rest directly afterwards but several hours later when I started to feel badly or in pain and then the next day (yesterday) I went to Old Town SD for cinco de mayo and danced a bit.. only about 3 songs.

Still fine until about 11p.m. when I had to stop midstream on the john because of an outrageous back spasm and practically crawl to the bedroom screaming to myself... it was a huge spasm and I couldn't move for several hours w/o more pain so after I could I took my meds with muscle relaxer and today so far feel ok there but moving gingerly.

That weird vibratory feeling right about where low jean zipper area is was going on all day long. Today after muscle relaxer last night so far it's quelled.

I don't doubt it will start today. I know this is a laughable symptom and I can't see myself reporting it to anybody as it just sounds so dumb tho when I look at the dermatome chart there is some relationship to L1 I think it showed...

My OSS pretty much asks the same questions when I'm seen and blows off my problems as much as I do now.. I can't blame him since they sound like nothing new and usually quelled with an ESI tho really I don't know whether this bladder area thing is even worth mentioning.

I guess I'll take a *wait and see* stance on this again or maybe mention it to my PCP and I think she'll laugh!
Old 05-03-2009, 06:28 PM

I would absolutely tell one of your doctors about this. It does sound like it could be nerve related, but you never know what it could be. I don't think you should worry about whether your doctor is going to laugh, I think if they did, I would be looking for a different doctor. I don't care how innocent something seems, a doctor should respect you enough to take seriously anything you tell them.

Take it easy the next few days, I think you may have overdone it.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone
Old 05-03-2009, 06:43 PM

Maria,

My first thought was, why complain? However, I do realize the possible seriousness of this new symptom. Yes, by all means, report this to your doctor immediately. You would offer this same advise to anyone else reporting this.

I know we've discussed this before and everyone disagreed with me, but I still believe you're pushing too hard. I think you need to be kinder to your back, but that's me and not you.

I hope this lastest episode resolves by itself in short order. You've suffered enough.

All my best, Dale
Old 05-04-2009, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Diane had the strange vibrations pre-op and I've had several clients report them as well. I've had them, but never an a fun place... only down in my lower legs.
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 05-04-2009, 04:54 AM

I have this sometimes, a vibration, buzzing feeling in the groin area that is very distracting and seems to last for days to then be gone for an unknown amount of time. It would always stop after 15 min or so when I lay down or be totally still for some time. At the same time my other problems improve also when I lie down or sit really still. I do think in my case it must be spine related as I never had such a thing and it started happening the same time as other problems increased.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:59 PM

Default fun place..

well this is more bladder than the *fun zone*
yesterday I rested all day practically and there were no vibes
today the left side of my spine is over ileac crest hurts to mid back like that stupid spasm is still there or has left some residual pain at least for awhile.

I guess I overdid it on Saturday. Felt GREAT post ESI so forgot I have a problem. Not unusual for me at all..

Sunday I was lying around contemplating surgery again as I do everytime I worry that one day my spine is just going to blow big time!

The vibes in the feet/legs/right big toe haven't been noticeable for while since the bladder vibes took over. Before this symptom I most notably would feel like somewhere on my legs were wet and have a foot buzz going on.

Wonder what's next? Think I will report this to my doctor even if I get snickered at... ** ok I'm editing this post because I've not had the *vibes* today so think that I will not say anything to my doctor until there is something else to report. I started thinking that maybe probs at a higher level are going to begin and then I need to get that documented re WC and as I was thinking along these lines I finally fell fast asleep last night. Such stuff to think about. What a total waste of time except that it helped me fall asleep

Last edited by Maria; 05-05-2009 at 09:40 PM.