Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Could this weird symptom be spine related? in the Main forums forums; Please don't laugh.. it's not that I'm having pain in this area or anything else that suggests ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 PM

Default Could this weird symptom be spine related?

Please don't laugh.. it's not that I'm having pain in this area or anything else that suggests any kind of problem per se but in the last few weeks or so I've been having this odd vibratory feeling right about bladder area to suprapubic area and it goes on and on and on... it's not painful or anything just kinda distracting tho it's exactly like some of the vibratory feeling I had in my feet or legs ~ it's noticeable and can be a distraction tho not painful or really bothersome.

Ok that's not worrisome to me by itself because I use pain as a measurement of when to worry and several weeks ago I had a *mother* of a back spasm that seemed higher than my previous probs tho it was one of those "my back's going out" seconds where I just had time to ease over to the bed and lie still for hours as it was the only thing I could do.

A bit later that night I took my meds and a muscle relaxer. The next day I still had some residual pain but it eased off altho I took it easy. Day after that I was myself again.

So Friday I had a transforaminal ESI at L5S1. Didn't exactly go rest directly afterwards but several hours later when I started to feel badly or in pain and then the next day (yesterday) I went to Old Town SD for cinco de mayo and danced a bit.. only about 3 songs.

Still fine until about 11p.m. when I had to stop midstream on the john because of an outrageous back spasm and practically crawl to the bedroom screaming to myself... it was a huge spasm and I couldn't move for several hours w/o more pain so after I could I took my meds with muscle relaxer and today so far feel ok there but moving gingerly.

That weird vibratory feeling right about where low jean zipper area is was going on all day long. Today after muscle relaxer last night so far it's quelled.

I don't doubt it will start today. I know this is a laughable symptom and I can't see myself reporting it to anybody as it just sounds so dumb tho when I look at the dermatome chart there is some relationship to L1 I think it showed...

My OSS pretty much asks the same questions when I'm seen and blows off my problems as much as I do now.. I can't blame him since they sound like nothing new and usually quelled with an ESI tho really I don't know whether this bladder area thing is even worth mentioning.

I guess I'll take a *wait and see* stance on this again or maybe mention it to my PCP and I think she'll laugh!