Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss I have another appointment!! in the Main forums forums; Hi All, I'm sorry I am not on the boards as much as I would like to be. Some ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 09:39 PM

Default I have another appointment!!

Hi All,

I'm sorry I am not on the boards as much as I would like to be. Some of you may remember my story, others may need to search (if you are interested), but after much waiting and praying and waiting and etc... I HAVE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT!

I am very excited as I really feel hopeful this time. I don't remember if I even updated you about my wasted trip to St. Louis to see Dr. Birdwell, but it was a waste of my time, effort and money.

With Marks help, I have an appointment with Dr. Coufal in La Jolla on June 4th. Yepee! I have only been to CA once that I can remember and once as an infant. The once I can remember was just a quick, drive through business trip to Fresno. I wish I would have the time to enjoy the trip, but I know it is going to be VERY difficult. I am just trying to remain hopeful that the trip will be fruitful. The three hour drive to the airport, six hour flight and airport time to and from home each way is really going to be difficult but I really do feel hopeful for the first time in a long time.

Now if I can just figure out how to take public transportation from the airport and then to and from the hospital I will be all set! Are any of you from the San Diego area that know how accessible the public transportation system is?

Well, my dinner just arrived so I have to go for now.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:20 AM

San Diego has a trolley system and train system. There are also connecting buses. I'm not sure about La Jolla. There may be some time between connections.

Last edited by runner; 06-30-2009 at 04:45 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:01 AM

Default Thanks

How about wheelchair accessibility?
Old 05-26-2009, 03:23 AM

Default Your trip

Call the hospital and tell them where you are arriving and that you need transportation instructions! I am sure someone there will be able to help you. Very best of luck!!!

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:56 PM

Default to La Jolla

There are trolleys and buses in Old Town or Downtown that go to La Jolla and most likely to the location of the medical office/hospital Dr.Coufal practices at however you might want to consider just taking a taxi or private limo as the bus ride and maybe transfers might be difficult and while the trolly is rapid wherever it goes I dont' think it goes there..

I'm in San Diego right now if you want to give me a destination where you'll be I can find out about how to get to Scripps La Jolla (Is it Scripps or Sharp Hospital area)?

Anyway, Congrats.. you'll like this doctor as he was the deciding factor for my 2nd surgical opinion back in '06 (I did not have the surgery tho). Younger man who is thorough in his assessment and exam and very direct and level with his doctor-patient rapport. He is nice looking to boot ladies!

The multi level fusion patient that was in his waiting room when I was there raved about his surgical work.. he had driven I think he said 3 hours at 6 weeks post op for his appt. (wow!)!

Last edited by Maria; 05-27-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:50 PM

Default Thanks

Maria,

Thanks for the reply. I have been going nuts trying to make arrangements for the trip. I don't think a taxi or limo is an option. My chair is a really big, heavy power chair. Do they have taxi/limo service in San Diego with wheelchair lifts?

Please realize that I live in a very rural area that does not have a public transit system AT ALL.

I have contemplated taking my manual chair, but the trip would be much more tolerable and enjoyable if I have my power chair.

I have been downloading and printing bus schedules etc. all week. I am so excited about the trip that I can't sleep. I feel like I have been awake for a week!