Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Allergy to Opiates?? in the Main forums forums; Has anyone else gone crazy since being put on Opiates? I have been on 40/50mg of oxycontin now for ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2009, 11:05 AM

Default Allergy to Opiates??

Has anyone else gone crazy since being put on Opiates?
I have been on 40/50mg of oxycontin now for 6 months and it has totally wrecked me. Granted I was in a hell of a lot of pain before going on them and thank god for its existance But since I have been on them I have aged heaps, more than before my pain was under control.I am extremely moody, edgy, have trouble sleeping, dry skin/hair, constantly thirsty.Now I look like a druggy. And when I go for car rides longer than about 15 minutes I am bound to puke. All in the space of 6 months.
When I was first put on the stuff I thought it was the answer to my prayers. I was able to sleep in my own bed again after sleeping on firm couch cushions on the floor for months. I started going for walks again in the park. But after a few months I became tolerant of it and my movements started restricting again and I am only having enough just to cover the pain.

Could I possibly have an allergy?? Or is this kind of thing not unusual.
Michelle