Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Epidemic in the Main forums forums; While getting the paper on Sunday morning, my next door neighbor also came out for his paper. The way he ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 05:58 PM

Default Epidemic

While getting the paper on Sunday morning, my next door neighbor also came out for his paper. The way he moved was unmistakable - 2 herniated discs for which he has no intention of doing anything other than rest, lest he won't be able to play golf. He's not interested in talking to anyone about it.

Walking Lucy that night, bumped into another neighbor. He complained of numbness and tingling in both arms and legs. I immediately suggested he take a look at his spine - funny, no doctor has yet suggested that????? For now, he's following his doctor's recommendations and is going for a nerve conductivity test only. I told him MRIs don't hurt.

A friend suffers daily with back pain but her husband, who had a lumbar fusion won't allow any medical intervention. She hasn't had an MRI in about 3 years.

Another friend, living down Mark's way, allowed their 18 year old son to have a 2 level lumbar fusion and his wife, whose had several spine surgeries also just had a 2 level fusion. I've begged them to talk to Mark or see Dr. Regan or Del... but they 'trusted' their doctor.

Anyone who knows me, knows what I've been through. There is no experience like those who have walked before you. Why won't these people at least go for a consult or make a simple phone call? It was a friend who started me on the ADR road after listening to a radio spot. She told me, I investigated, found Dr. D, Dr. B and Mark. I'm completely mystified at their reluctance to investigate for themselves and horrified at how many people I know who suffer from bad discs. For the telling, my own father is among them. He won't do a damned thing except take Vicodin daily and complain!

I guess they just don't make spines like they used to

D
Old 11-25-2009, 02:13 AM

They make spines exactly as they used to with happy discs based on the daily walking and toning natural body motions of thousands of generations of hunter gatherers.
An early awareness that much of our current living is disc unfriendly, and that discs don't forgive, could help save billions of health dollars and so much suffering, though perhaps not politically or medically popular.