Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Radiologists in the Main forums forums; Why are they so different, one scan here says one thing while the other scan is totally different. I also ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-02-2010, 09:23 PM

Default Radiologists

Why are they so different, one scan here says one thing while the other scan is totally different. I also have requested new MRI compared to old MRI and the radiologist said he missed the problem until compared to the old MRI he read and found the same prob. two years later. The same person missed his own previous finding??? So he prints new reading still showing nothing at T6-7 but puts a small addendum that never gets read by doctors saying there was a herniation there. But it never gets seen, I always have to point it out and they say " OH it is still there" but without me showing it would get passed over.

Also I have had my first thorasic MRI and would prefer to show it everytime, but everyone wants new ones. The doctors are in such a time crunch they just scan the MRI and report, but the first MRI the radiologist marked perfectly the location of the herniation and had it outlined in some coloring and it just stands out and is immediatly recognized by doctors and addressed while the newer MRI's do not have the same markings. This may seem insignifigant but when you are dealing with smaller herniations it can make a big difference, I have seen it. Old MRI the doctor says " you have a smaller herniation at T6-7 that is pressing on cord, most likely pain source" : New MRI doctor says " you just have alot of arthritis and DDD, cannot really pinpoint the exact source". This is often the same doctor just years apart when I see him. WTF. Everyone makes mistakes and doctors are hurried, why not have these markings on every MRI?

Last edited by Aaron; 08-02-2010 at 09:26 PM.