Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss The Politics and Economics of Orthopedic Medicine in the Main forums forums; I'm sure some of you will tell me to put on my tin hat but I'll risk dealing ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Banned

Default The Politics and Economics of Orthopedic Medicine

I'm sure some of you will tell me to put on my tin hat but I'll risk dealing with the ridicule.

There is no valid reason for why the latest generations of of ADR are not available to Americans on American soil. Many of you have heard of the M6 ADR if you have not heard of this disk here's the 411. The M6 acts like the real thing. It absorbs shock and provide normal mobility of the vertebral joint. It has been used worldwide for many years and it is far better that fusions or the old ADRs.

I called Spinal Kenetics the manufacturer of the M6 and I was told that they cannot afford the costs of clinical trials. I was told that the M6 has proven to be excellent in worldwide use. The M6 is an American made disk.

As good as the M6 is the American made Neo Disk may be even better for many reasons. It is a simpler install and it has even less chance of migration and it will fuse better and even if it won't fuse it will still function normally.

The problem with these new ADRs is that they are minimally disruptive. In other words they have a faster and more complete recovery and revision surgeries are rare hence they are more cost effective.

The back pain industry is huge and there is all sorts of allopathic treatment much of which is dangerous hocus pocus such as nerve ablation and some PT and pain management.

Think of it like this. What if there were a vaccine for gum disease, crooked teeth and cavities? How big would the dental industry be? The new US made ADRs will put dent in back pain industry profits simply because they work really well for many patients and unlike fusions and old ADR the prevent the DDD cascade effect.

These disks should have been available in 2003 or earlier but because bad medicine and disease management is far more lucrative that cures Americans are allowed to suffer needless to satisfy the money lust of a corporate medical industry.

ADVOCATE!

The FDA is controlled by the US congress and the US congress is the lap dog or the medical industry. Strenuously petition your representatives.

It's YOUR body!

If you want one of these ADRs demand it. ACT UP! If you trust your doctor to be competent and honest then you should be allowed to have him implant this disk if in his and your medical judgement it is what you need to be restored to good health. Not allowing us this is a form of Nazism. Yeah, I know that word get used too much but in this case it's appropriate. Don't allow them to make us victims of medical greed!

Last edited by ADR seeker; 04-26-2011 at 10:52 PM.