Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss CVS Caremark/Scriptwise Merger in the Main forums forums; The merger of Scriptwise/CVS Caremark is producing horror stories. Here is mine. I sent in my Roxicodone prescription on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G
Default CVS Caremark/Scriptwise Merger

The merger of Scriptwise/CVS Caremark is producing horror stories. Here is mine.

I sent in my Roxicodone prescription on December 19 for my usual 60 day supply. I was told they couldn't read the prescription (The same script I have been getting for many months) They asked for clarification from my doctor, which he then sent a fax. He received a confirmation fax for the fax he sent. Scriptwise says they never got it and the prescription order was cancelled and the script was then supposed to be mailed back to me.

I was told on 1/3/12 to look for the returned paper script in the mail. I look every day, I call every day, no script. For THREE weeks I call and nobody can give me an answer where the script is. Still no meds either! I need the old script before my doctor will rewrite a new one. I'm still calling Scriptwise every day at this point. I have calls in to THREE separate supervisors who are all supposed to get back to me within 5 days and NONE of them do so. Nobody I talk to has any answers either. Just mis-information. The people who get the mail dont know what the prescription scanners did. The script scanners dont know what the pharmacy is doing. They cant tell me where the script is or who had it. Is it El Paso? Wilkes Barre? Westerville? Pittsburgh? All these cities are involved in my script. There's no responsibility for the chain of custody for these scripts. Nobody knows who has my prescription a month later. Suddenly the script is overnighted to me, the end of January! It's too late to fill locally so I get a new 60 day from my doctor which I immediately overnight to Scriptwise.

While all this was happening, my doctor had given me a 5 day script to hold me over until I get the 60 day filled. It too was lost by Scriptwise. I tell them who signed for it and I was told by Scriptwise that the person who signed does not work for scriptwise. They suggested that I call the police which I did. The 5 day prescription winds up getting filled and sent to me anyway a few days later.

I'm continue calling Scriptwise every day at this point.
Every time I call I have to input my ID numbers. I find out that that system doesnt work and I have to repeat everything I input into the phone to the operator anyway. Their computers dont talk to each other so the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing. An absolute clusterfuck in every aspect of the company.

The 5 day script that Scriptwise filled was mistakenly inputed as a 30 day, so now they say they cannot fill my 60 day script that I have been waiting for since December. The woman is arguing with me telling me that I filled a 30 day script, not a 5 day "and you know that Mr. Grimes!" talking to me like I am a drug seeker now. Yes I have been seeking my drugs since December!!!
I also had to add 700 minutes to my cell phone as I went over my limit.

So while I am calling every day, I am being told different stories like my insurance is the problem. (When I call them they say there's no problem) Then they say my doctors office is the problem. Then its the script that was written wrong. Then I'm over my amount for the month. Then I'm not set up for mail order anymore etc... A different story every time.

Never in my life have I seen so much incompetance and mis-management, especially when dealing with sick people's life or death medication. You dont stop taking Roxicodone cold turkey and I told them I was keeping a log in case I die so my lawyers know who to sue.

Ever since the merger of Scriptwise with CVS these issues started. Every day I had a new horror story to tell my wife and she said they must be doing it on purpose. It was so beyond ridiculous. I believe there is bad blood since the merger and employees are trying to screw up the company from within. NO patient should ever have to go through what I went through. It was beyond pathetic. Even the supervisors were clueless and I was told I would get calls from supervisors which I never did.

I was under medicated for a month and used up all my emergency reserves.
That's a scary feeling. My doctor did give me an additional 7 day supply during this time which I filled locally, so I only needed to use 3 weeks of my reserve. (Everyone should keep a reserve)
Whats worse is not being able to speak directly with the person who has my script. I will be filling locally from now on. Too bad because Scriptwise was good for years. CVS Caremark came along and messed everything up. No more mail order for me!

Can anyone else relate to this? I hope not!
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 02-08-2012, 04:49 PM

Default express script

I don't know if this has anything to do with CVS period but I just to get my scripts thru them and left them about 9 years ago. Went to Walgreens and was very very happy with their service until recently advised they don't take "express scripts" which is what my WC insurer changed to.

So I went back to CVS as I forgot how terrible they were. Submitted my pain med script with them and information. They did jackshit about getting anything done on that script until I had gone back there 4 times and inquired what the f* was going on with my script.

Then they tell me they need my social and some other information so I asked why they didn't either call me or ask me that the other times I've been there/talked to them. I realized they hadn't done a freaking thing to even try and fill the script and that's why.

Grrr... I really don't like CVS and will probably switch outta there for my pain med script and am very thankful I didn't change any of my regular medical insurance scripts to be filled by that stupid company.

Sorry to read what happened to you. Have you written to the regional and district management and/or top of the chain of command re this debacle you experienced? You should. At least maybe get some kinda discount on something in the store and possibly the store you were dealing with will be chastized.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM

Those experiences sound so horrible. That is the kind of thing that makes me just crazy.
Although i live in the LA area, i live in a rare small town. I have a pharmacy with a pharmacist who greets me by name. I take all my prescriptions there and have never had a problem. The girls at the register are great too. They know a bit of my story of life , it is a very friendly experience. I think if i have to move from this town, i will still drive back after hearing your stories.
I do agree with Maria and i would write the details and send it to corporate headquarters. Someone there will notice.
judy

2007 ACDF 4-7
2008 hip , knee scope, hip replacement
2009 thoracic T-5 thru T-11fusion
2009 VATS T7-8, posterior only T11-12. removal of thoracic hard wear
2010 lung surgery
2010 T2-L2 kyphosis correction
2010 Kyphoplasty T-3, T-4
2011 Cervical osteotomy ,revision C4-T5
2011 Foot surgery
2011 Revision fusion T7 thru L4/laminectomy
2012 Hammertoe correction left foot
2012 Revision fusion T-12 thru L5
2012 Revision fusion L4-L5
Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Eddie G

Ever since they added CVS to their name, they have been awful. Scriptwise used to be fine. Never an issue. Now its many issues, EVERY time I call.
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 02-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Administrator

In California, the doctor can run a CURES (Patient activity) report from a program run by the state. If ever he suspects that you are gaming the system to get multiple prescriptions, he can run the report to verify that you are not getting more meds than prescribed. (It identifies when patients get multipe scrips from different doctors.)

Can you forget about 60 day supplies and have your doctor give you a scrip that you'll fill locally until the dipshits get their systems worked out?

I have similar stories, but nothing nearly as bad. If I could sit and type more, I'd vent too!

Hang in there....

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org