Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss disc extrusion in the Main forums forums; hiya,im new here & hoping to learn some things about disc extrusion.yes thats about all my Dr told ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2012, 05:05 AM

Default disc extrusion

hiya,im new here & hoping to learn some things about disc extrusion.yes thats about all my Dr told me after the C.T scan.the report says large left paracentral/left foraminal disc extrusion 11mm diameter x 16mm width &likely to impinge on left S1 root in lateral recess (likely?thumping pain down my leg says it sure is)there is more about disc bulge,hypertrophy,etc that will bore u enough to quit reading & miss my questions & possible whinging.i googled disc extrusion after minimal sleep& 2 Mersyndol Forte only to be left asking "is it a herniated disc,ruptured disc?"i dont know if they mean the same thing but it sounds more dramatic than extrusion & i must be ready for when someone i dislike makes the mistake of asking how i am.ok thats the end of my flippant introductory ramblings with delusions that im sorta funny& u think im weird.is a disc extrusion a ruptured disc? i read 1 item that said that the body reabsorbs the extrusion in time & life returns to as before.any truth to that?After 2&half weeks of constant strong pain without painkilers&anti-inflamatories i hope its true.