Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss 3 level cervical fusion due 31st May 2012 in the Main forums forums; Hi everyone Been a long time since I posted on here, but I've had a lot to sort out, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2012, 02:30 PM

Default 3 level cervical fusion due 31st May 2012

Hi everyone

Been a long time since I posted on here, but I've had a lot to sort out, much like everyone else.

I had a lumbar revision L2/S1 with two rods and BMP in April 2010, very successfully carried out by Khai Lam at Guy's in London.
Badly inserted Dynesys screws were removed and various other jobs done but unhealed AWGC and migrated screws at L4/S1 had to remain as it was deemed too near the great veins to remove. This was a very lengthy surgery.

So now it's the turn of my upper spine due to cervical stenosis and I wanted to ask if anyone's experienced a worsening of leg and arm symptoms - like weakness and stiff legs - after activities?
I tried cleaning my oven and pulling up a few weeds in the garden and I got markedly worse. I've had walking problems of varying degrees since 2007 but
in my mind it feels like the stenosis has got worse and maybe pressing more on the spinal cord.
Latest MRI showed facet joints pretty bad and a hybrid C4/C5 C5/C6 and C6/C7 is planned - disc replacements will only be used if the segments are mobile.
I should have had this op a few months after the lumbar revision but respiratory/cardio checks delayed it.

Relieved I've only got 11 days to go, everything is so much more difficult lately, but pain isn't the major problem, it's the awkwardness of my limbs.