Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Consultation: Center #2 in the Main forums forums; My prayers were answered. After two days ago, when I went to the quasi-medical factory, I was really disheartened ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 AM

Default Consultation: Center #2

My prayers were answered. After two days ago, when I went to the quasi-medical factory, I was really disheartened about the whole thing. But I decided I really didn't want a fusion, so I put on my big girl pants and headed out to center #2 in Hudson, Florida. I got such a good vibe walking in, the outside was clean and inviting looking and the receptionist was really nice. I waited for five minutes and the doctor came in to see me. After telling him all of my problems and showing him x-rays he said I was a great candidate for the procedure. Then he explained exactly what it is. They use a laser with to burn away excess bone that is pushing against the nerves near the spine. The incision is literally a half inch big and their success rate is great. Even if they don't succeed, all you get is a almost microscopic scar and lost money. I am confident though that I have found my center and my doctor. They are a really small center with only two or three operating rooms and the staff feels really close-knit. A great "family" feeling and a great team of surgeons and staff with high success rates? Sign me up! And I did; surgery is next Tuesday. I am so excited and anxious for my pain to be gone. I'm going biking this weekend with my family and am so glad to think it is the last time for a while that I will do so wincing with pain from my back. Did I mention the recovery time is only a couple of hours? Outpatient, you can even drive back yourself. This beats a fusion anyday, and I am so happy I found the place I did and worked up the energy to go there.