Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Nerve Damage S1/L5 in the Main forums forums; Hi, I have been suffering with mainly left knee/foot/calf pain and lower back pain for about 9 months ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 PM

Default Nerve Damage S1/L5

Hi, I have been suffering with mainly left knee/foot/calf pain and lower back pain for about 9 months now. I have a lump on my lower back that swells up every now and again and is extremely painful. Been to GPs several times and all they did was give me pain killers. After finally getting an appointment with someone at physio within about 10 minutes she said I had never damage between S1/L5 (when i lay on my back she tried to lift my left leg when it was straight and it was so tight i couldn't do it, she also pointed out my left foot is turning inwards and has a huge bone sticking out possibly due to muscle degeneration).

Anyway I've to do exercises then see her again soon but after doing a few of the exercises the lump on my back has swollen right out again and bigger than before (along my pelvis bone), the middle of my back hurts now, my left foot keeps getting these weird sensations and i'm also getting pain down my left thigh now.

She reckons i'll need an MRI but i'm curious if anyone on here has had similar problems? I've been reading up on disc degeneration and bulging discs and they seem similar to what i'm feeling. I also thought sciatica but the physio said i would be in the same amount of pain all the time with that.

Ps - Sorry for the long post.