Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Finally Had Cervical ADR 9/16..... in the Main forums forums; Hello Everyone, I posted here about 4 months ago about postponing my cervical disk replacement surgery and well, I finally ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2013, 08:58 PM

Unhappy Finally Had Cervical ADR 9/16.....

Hello Everyone,
I posted here about 4 months ago about postponing my cervical disk replacement surgery and well, I finally had it done 2 weeks ago, placement of an AD(Pro-C) at c5/c6 level with removal of 3 bone spurs. The pain had become unbearable and my family life and work were really beginning to suffer. From my Neuro's point of view the surgery went very well but took him longer than usual as one of the nerves was crushed by a calcified disc fragment that had practically cemented itself to the nerve. The 3 hour surgery took almost 4 and he is an excellent guy.

I have been home for 12 days now and I am slowly healing, I had planned on being back to work half days by now but it is not happening that way. My Doc will not clear me to go back to work except for 4 hours a day from home until I see him on Oct 16th. I was also informed that in a year or two I might be back for another ADR for the disc below because it is in almost as bad as shape as the one they just replaced, so I wonder why they just didn't do it while they were already in there?
As for out come, still numb in left hand and now my right arm goes numb along with the back of my neck. Head aches are still bad, but he said the headaches and nerves can take months to heal. So I guess I won't know anything for at least 6 months. I am happy that I have now been able to cut my pain meds to a little over half of what they were before the surgery. I still need them but that is improvement in my opinion.
On top of this when my Dr. writes my script the pharmacy takes it upon themselves to change the fill date. When I found this out and was almost out of meds I called the Dr, and she was P***ed. "I am the dr. not them"-her words. So I am also filling a complaint about the pharmacy. This just seems to be one big mess that never ends.
Any advice on how to handle the pharmacy would be greatly appreciated and thanks for allowing me to vent my frustration.
AJ

Last edited by ajspine; 10-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.