Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss North American Spine Laser Spine Surgery Review in the Main forums forums; I had laser spine surgery performed by North American Spine on January 28, 2014 and just wanted to share my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 08:03 PM

Default North American Spine Laser Spine Surgery Review

I had laser spine surgery performed by North American Spine on January 28, 2014 and just wanted to share my successful experience to anyone wondering about the procedure.

First of all, up until the surgery, I have had lower back pain and sciatica since high school, which was decades ago... December 2013 was my last excruciating experience with sciatica and lower back pain. It lasted for over nine full days. After the first two days, I went to urgent care only to be given narcotics that barely took the edge off of the pain. It was then that I decided to take aggressive action. I had my chiropractor refer me to get an MRI so that I could find out what was causing me so much debilitating pain!

After learning that I had three bulging discs, sciatica, and a couple of other degenerative diseases of the spine, I decided to contact North American Spine. North American Spine reviewed my MRI for free and they followed up with a phone call shortly thereafter. I was told I was a candidate and the rest is history... I had the surgery in January 2014 and it was a success.

The procedure itself took only about 1.5 hours and was performed by Dr. Ranson. I was sent home the same day and went back the very next day for my post-op. I am pain free and have not felt this good in years. I am very physically active so having my life back is truly a blessing. I plan on taking golf lessons this coming summer! I am back to taking my hour long walks WITHOUT PAIN!

North American Spine took great care of me and everyone there was extremely professional and pleasant. I highly recommend them to anyone who continues to suffer. I would be more than happy to answer anyone's questions regarding the procedure. By the way, there is NO cutting... they use a laser.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:14 PM

Default congratulations!

On the success of your surgery. I would love to hear exactly what it is they did with the laser to which levels. Was this covered by insurance or if you paid cash could you tell the price for the levels and type of surgery done.

Ok great to read your success story and hope you can share more! Maria
Old 04-17-2014, 02:56 AM

Hello Maria,

I believe it was L-4 and L-5. I would have to look at my paperwork. They worked with my insurance company. The cost would likely be different for each patient and depend on the issues. I would suggest contacting them directly if you have questions. If you need a contact person I worked with, please let me know. I would be happy to get that for you. Thank you for the kind comments.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:19 PM

Default please share a bit more

About your surgery. Did they explain what they did exactly with the laser to the levels done? Can you write about that here. I am not interested in surgery for myself at this point however I'm sure there are many that would be interested to read what you wrote. I have coverage thru WC (Workers Comp) for my injuries that happened long ago, at least at this point I still have future medical.

I realize costs are different for each case just thought you might have some idea and be able to share.

Again congratulations re your surgery. Maybe it will inspire someone to call to check this place out for their needs however I think if you could write a bit more about the surgery itself or the process perhaps that would be even more inspiring to someone seeking such service.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Laser Back Surgery

Hi Maria,

I will find my paperwork regarding the specifics of what my surgery involved (the levels you inquired about) and get back online within two days. I do know for a fact that they located the nerves that were being pinched and were able to deaden the nerves causing me so much pain.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Monty, congrats on your success and thanks for posting!!!

It's great to hear about cases like yours... In many straightforward cases, when the nerves are compressed and causing pain, decompressing them relieves the pain.

YAHOO!!! I wish you continued success and please keep us posted.

all the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 04-20-2014, 03:57 PM

Default Lasery Back Surgery Procedure (North American Spine)

The procedure I had done at North American Spine is noted as Disectomy and Neural Decompression, L3, L4, L5.

Dissection was carried up to the level of disc space on right, protruding tissue was mechanically isolated and removed using a blunt probe dissection mechanical technique with cautery and lavage. This included decompressing the disruption with mechanical passess of the decompression tool.

L-3, L-4 left

Disc tissue was removed along with decompression in this area. Certainly there is more in depth medical notes that were done with my procedure. If anyone has questions I would consult with North American Spine as I did a few months ago. They reviewed my MRI for free to determine if I was a candidate.

As I mentioned in earlier posts, my surgery was a success and the only regret is not having it done sooner! I was in pain off and on (mostly ON) for many, many years. I have no regrets having the painless procedure done so that I can do the things I used to do that caused me pain. I also had sciatica which was a killer whenever I had a bout! Glad to be done with the pain!
Old 04-21-2014, 01:04 AM

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your kind response to my laser back surgery. I just want people to know that they do not have to suffer... there are options. Everytime I bend down to pick something up, I am thankful for discovering North American Spine. Thanks again Mark.