Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Tail Bone pain after back Fusions in the Main forums forums; I have had three different surgeries 1 Disctectomy and 2 fusions one interior with cages and one exterior with rods ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2014, 04:59 PM

Default Tail Bone pain after back Fusions

I have had three different surgeries 1 Disctectomy and 2 fusions one interior with cages and one exterior with rods and screws and cages. The first one Disctectomy in 2000 the second one was L5-S1 with cages and that was done interior in 2002 and that helped for about 5 years than in 2007 I started to get leg pain again with weakness. I did the shots that did not help so they did surgery with fusion at L5-L4 with rods and screws and cages done exterior and that was done in 2011 then in November of 2013 I started with this extreme pain in the Tail Bone area. I went to my doctor he has sent me to therapy and it is not helping. He has now told me that this has nothing to do with my back. I don't believe that, but what do I know, I'm not a doctor. So now I have to get a shot and if that don't work MRI and possible surgery to take the tail bone out. OK, now you know what is going on, who wants to tell me if this is directly from my back or not or why this is happening. The therapist thinks it from all the scar tissue.