Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss New and screwed. in the Main forums forums; Just a little of my story. This past summer I had a routine discectomy for a herniated disk in my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2016, 02:38 AM

Default New and screwed.

Just a little of my story. This past summer I had a routine discectomy for a herniated disk in my lower back. A week and a half later, I was back on the operating table to save my life from a serious surgery site infection at the nerve root. A week in the hospital and then 6 weeks of IV antibiotics and I can just now start getting around a little. Problem is I have about 50% feeling in everything below my waste and can only hobble around for about a hour before I can't pick my feet up off the ground and walk. Burning nerve pain in back, both legs and feet. I'm 53 years old and have been a police officer for 25 years and it looks like I'm going to have to medically retire and apply for disability. I was in the best shape of my life 7 months ago and training and working out 6 days a week. Now I'm just a shell. If this doesn't get better, I may not see next year. Another MRI next week and then who knows.