Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Surgery scheduled in the Main forums forums; With Dr.Delamarter for May 10th. Whether or not I actually do this surgery or do it on this date ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Surgery scheduled

With Dr.Delamarter for May 10th. Whether or not I actually do this surgery or do it on this date depends on how my back continues to hold out. Right now it's very fiesty/painful due to overuse, lack of sleep, and decrease in pain medication which I'll probably bump back up to so I can stop feeling like the Wicked Witch of the West. O man... am I cranky w/pain after doing so good for so long ...
Old 02-13-2007, 06:12 PM

Maria,

I'm sorry to hear of your setback after having hope that maybe, just maybe, things were looking better. I imagine during the next few months you'll do a lot of soul searching which is very normal... not that you already haven't. Just know that we're here for you as you fascilate in all directions. But also remember that I got married in May 35 years ago so it must be a lucky month!

All my best, Dale
Old 02-13-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Sorry to hear it

Maria, I'm sure we can all relate. When you're lucky enough to see some improvement, it's so hard to go downhill again.

It's a miserably tough decision, to pull the trigger on major surgery. I wish you the best in making it. There's never a right answer, but I really do believe, your odds are good. We'll all be pulling for you, whichever way you end up going.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:32 AM

Maria:
It is certainly an important milestone that you have a date for surgery--although you've been there before--so, congratulations! With the taste of freedom and the good life that you've just had, it is indeed a difficult decision.
And it's hard to imagine you as the Wicked Witch of the West...
Hang in there!
Old 02-14-2007, 02:22 PM

Default This will be a tough decision...

edited as necessary

Last edited by Maria; 05-17-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:08 AM

Hey Maria,

As you well know by now, making that decision is in and of itself half of the battle when it comes to choosing a "plan of care".

I agree with the above post: soul searching will be there and it is perfectly normal to do this.

Keep yourself surrounded with positive family & friends. It helps to keep the mind in a good place keeping a positive attitude.

I wish you nothing but the best Maria!!!

Take Care,
Sue
Old 02-17-2007, 03:25 AM

Thumbs up way to go girl

Maria,

I am so proud of you for taking this step you have come along way baby. There is a feeling you get when you know it is right. You will be at peace with the decision to move on. Your dreams of going back to work and living a pain free and drug free life are possible you have to trust and believe.

What a gift to have some pain free time. Enjoy and take long walks on the beach as much as you can.

God Bless
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99