Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Multi level ADR in women in the Main forums forums; Question for Mark and anyone else who has info on multi level procedures. I have been told by someone who ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2007, 05:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to tisury
Default Multi level ADR in women

Question for Mark and anyone else who has info on multi level procedures. I have been told by someone who sees Dr. D that they are saying they are seeing a problem with putting artificial discs (Prodisc, in particular) in more than one level with women. That their spines cannot hold up to the weight of the Prodisc. Mark, with all the people you see and communicate with - do you see this trend? That women with multi levels are not doing as well as men? Is there anyone (preferably female) on the forum here, that have had a multi level Prodisc procedure who can offer some input here? I know there are many that have had successful multi levels, but I don't know how many of them are female versus male?

I have made the decision to go to Germany - but I am still asking questions. I am scheduled to be admitted May 21st and Dr. Bertagnoli will do the surgery May 22nd. The planned surgery is a 2 level Prodisc surgery (L34 and L45)above my existing Flexicore ADR at L5-S1.

Hey, anyone else going to be over there the week of the 21st of May ??

Oh, and here's an off topic question - can I use my Capital One Visa in Germany? I have never been overseas, so I may be asking questions in the next two months that seem dumb to some of you. One friend said years ago she used a credit card from her credit union and didn't have any problem. I would have thought that might be a problem.
Oct 2004-very minor improvement -severe nerve pain in hips,legs, and backside has not improved.
Rhizotomy L2-L5 no relief
Sept 2005-Positional MRI shows bulges at L3-4 &
L4-5 impinging on nerves
May 2006 Nuleoplasty L3-5 no help
May 22 2007-2nd ADR surgery-2 level Prodisc (L34 &
L45) & vertebroplasty - Dr. Bertagnoli -Germany.

Last edited by tisury; 03-23-2007 at 12:01 AM.